Chapter 12

The next day was just doing simple D-rank missions. Kakashi-sensei was late as usual and Naruto was right to tell his teammates to come at 10 instead of 8. Naruto knew that no matter how much he threatened Kakashi, he could never kill him because he was one of the only ones that would truly accept him as he is.

"Your first D-rank mission is to pull weeds for one of the locals."

An hour later...

"Next, babysit a child of one of the villagers."

A few hours later...

Bla, bla, bla, yeah you get the point, they did a lot of D-rank mission. Wait, hold on. Just one more.

"Next go catch Tora the cat." Kakashi sweatdropped, he started remembering bad incidences with that cat, its as if the devil himself has respawned in her.

Naruto just sighed, "Is she out loose again?" Sasuke and Sakura both looked at him like he was crazy.

Naruto noticed, "What, I have experience with Tora," Naruto shivered, "If I were that cat, I would probably do the same thing, that owner of hers is, oh god I don't even want to talk about it." Kakashi and the Hokage sweatdropped.

"You are dismissed." the Hokage sighed. Team 7 left and went out to search for Tora. IN the middle of the search, Tora sensed Naruto's presence and came up to him and started purring. Everyone but Kakashi was surprised. Naruto smiled, bent down, and picked up the little cat. Tora continued to purr and enjoy being hugged by the blondie. The cat has grown quite fond of Naruto surprisingly and every single time he comes near, she would always walk up to him and start rubbing his leg and purr. Naruto looked up, Kakashi sighed and walked over.

"Ne, Kakashi?" Naruto asked.

"Hai?"

"Can I adopt the cat?"

"I don't think the owner would like that..."

"If Tora's owner says no then I'll pay her. My bank account has way too many zeros and I need to spend it on something." Naruto smirked.

Both Sakura and Sasuke mouths fell to the floor. "H-how many zero's" Sakura stammered.

"Uhh, hold on..." 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Yeah, that's right. 10 zero's wait, or was it 11? AHHH I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!!!!! I'll have to go and check later." Their mouths dropped even more.

One the way to the Hokage's office, Sasuke and Sakura couldn't stop staring at Naruto, they were shocked. Naruto just eeps hitting them with surprises. Is there going to be more that they don't know about yet? When they got the Hokage's office, Tora was still snuggling Naruto and purring. The Hokage looked at the cat in Naruto's arms and shook his head.

Naruto can get along with anyone or anything, even a demon cat. The old man thought.

"Oi, Jiji, I have a request." Naruto started.

"Hm?"

"I want to adopt Tora." Naruto finished. Hiruzen's eyes widened.

"W-what!" the old man asked, completely surprised.

"I want to adopt Tora," Naruto repeated. Suddenly, A fat lady with an over-applied red lipstick and purple eyeshadow burst through the door and grabbed the cat from Naruto's hands.

"OH MY BABY, HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!!" the lady yelled while ferociously nuzzling the cat. Tora tried to claw her and get away but didn't stand a chance. Now, Sasuke and Sakura both knew why Tora kept going missing.

Everyone in the room sweatdropped.

"Ano, Sorry but I'm going to have to put a pause on this uhhh, wonderful reunion," Naruto said.

The fat lady looked at Naruto and glared. "Oh, it's the demon brat." The third Hokage, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi all stiffened.

Naruto sighed and rolled his eyes, "Yes, yes, it is the demon brat but I have a proposal for you."

"A proposal?" The fat lady snickered.

"Yes, I want to adopt your cat Tora," Naruto stated.

"YOU WANT TO ADOPT MY BABY!!!!!" The lady screamed.

"Yes," Naruto answered calmly. "And if you disagree, then I will pay you any amount you want for Tora."

"Hmm, any amount?" The lady sneered.

"Yes. Any amount." Naruto answered.

"128,236,068 Ryo (or 1,000,000 USD)." The lady said. Everyone's mouth dropped.

128,236,068????!!!! They all thought, shocked, FOR A CAT????!!!! Naruto's next sentence shocked them even more. 

"Agreed, I will send you the check a little while later today. (For the sake of things, I will translate the currency to USD instead of Ryo.) Everyone in the room's mouths dropped to the ground, again.

"What? I'm serious, plus my bank account has way too many zeros and I wanted to spend my money on something." Naruto shrugged.

Everyone stared at him like he just sprouted nine tails. (Get it, because Kurama... You know what, never mind) When they finally somewhat gained their composure, the fat lady nodded dumbly. Tora, who was still purring in Naruto's arms, sensed what was going on and started licking Naruto's face with happiness. Naruto started smiling and laughing. Both team 7 and the Hokage stared at him and softly smiled at the blondie. After all that drama, the Hokage dismissed everyone and they all left. Naruto then proceeded to go to the bank to see how much he had and found out that the number was much bigger than what he anticipated it to be. The total came out to be $15,925,498,728,394,748,563 and 78 cents. Naruto sweatdropped after seeing the total amount. WtF!!??? Naruto thought. He sighed and wrote a check of $1,000,000 and sent it to the fat lady. During this time, Tora continued to watch him as she nuzzled his leg. Naruto smiled at the cat and retrieved some more money to buy Tora a few new toys and a bed along with other things. Naruto put on his Anbu mask and headed out.

A few hours later...

Naruto huffed. He was carrying multiple bags of stuff that were all about like 50 lbs each. Tora happily walked next to him as Naruto shook his head. I didn't know having a pet was this expensive, well Kurama doesn't count because he technically doesn't need food and just sleeps all day. Besides, I have tons of money to spare so I'm not worried about that.

"Hey, don't compare me to that cat," Kurama warned.

"Well, having you in my stomach does sort of count like you being my pet," Naruto smirked.

"Don't," Kurama warned again.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever furball," Naruto chuckled and walked home with his new cat walking happily next to him.