Chapter 3

I don't own Naruto

Time skip to 1 year later...

Naruto was training in the Forest of Death with Kurama instructing him in his mindscape. At that time, Naruto had trained with Kurama for one year since the first time they formally met. Unfortunately, the villagers continued to torture and beat the little boy up, but Naruto has learned to overcome and endure the pain. Unfortunately, he couldn't fight back, so the 'plan' he came up with was to put up a disguise or 'mask' of acting stupid or dumb so the villagers wouldn't beat him up as much and think of him as even more of a threat. Naruto has learned countless amounts of jutsus and sealing techniques. He also had down a bunch of taijutsu techniques and has learned the Uzumaki chakra chains and has mastered them. Naruto also learned how to harmonize his chakra with Kurama, therefore, being able to go into KCM (Kyuubi Chakra Mode) and Bijuu Mode (Naruto released the seal and set Kurama free). Naruto secretly is one of the strongest people in Konoha. He could defeat all the Anbu at once and his speed exceeds the fourth Hokage even with the Hiraishin Jutsu. He could even defeat the third, and fourth Hokage if he really wanted to. And if Naruto was really trying hard, he could even counter the second and first Hokage into a stalemate. (Sorry if I'm making this Naruto too op but it is a fanfic so yeah... anyway, back to the story.)

Suddenly out of nowhere, Naruto said, "Hey, I know you have been watching me for the past few months, I know you're there, come out and show your face."

*Sigh*

"Looks like you got me Naruto, I'm surprised that you found me even though I'm in the Anbu."

"What do you want from me?" Naruto asked the ninja.

The unknown ninja jumped out of his hiding spot and landed a few feet in front of Naruto. He was wearing the standard Anbu attire along with a mask and katana strapped along his back.

"You're not going to ask me who I am?" questioned the unknown ninja.

"I've known you're in the Anbu from the first time you started spying on me. I'm guessing lord third or Danzo asked you to keep watch over me and see how I am progressing. Am I right?" Naruto asked.

The unknown ninja was surprised that Naruto knew so much about him.

"Yes. You're correct. I am to keep watch over you and see how you progress."

"Bro, you could've just said, "Yeah, you're right," instead of literally repeating exactly what I said a moment ago. Like really?" Naruto said sarcastically.

The Anbu member and chuckled and then sighed.

*Flashback to a few months ago...*

"Yes Hokage-sama, do you need something?" Asked the Anbu member.

"I need you to watch over Naruto for me." Replied the third Hokage as he gazed out the window.

"Naruto? You mean the child with the nine tails sealed inside him?" The Anbu questioned.

"Yes, this is my mission for you Weasel." The Hokage said as he continued to look out over Konoha.

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

"One more thing," The Hokage said as he finally turned away from the window and looked at the Anbu member, "Please try your best to protect the child from the villagers, I know you also have other missions but just try, alright? They constantly beat him up and torture him. Please, take care of him, Weasel."

Weasel understood where the Hokage was coming from. He saw the villagers beat the little child up, time and time again. Weasel always tried to be there for the little boy but unfortunately, he wasn't always around to protect him because of his missions.

*Another flashback to when Naruto was 2*

The villagers were taking pleasure in seeing Naruto scream and cry when the suddenly felt a sharp pain and collapsed to the ground, dead. Naruto continued to shiver and stare at the ground, he also tried to scoot away from the new presence thinking that he will also hurt him like the other villagers. The person crouched down to Naruto's hight and gently touched his cheek, as Naruto flinched.

"Hey, are you okay?" The unknown person said in a worried tone.

Naruto slowly looked up shakily and saw a boy, about 7-8 wearing an Anbu mask which had the markings of Weasel on them. The boy also was wearing the standard Anbu gear and had a katana strapped to his back.

"I-I'm O-Okay..." The shivering boy studdered shaking with fear.

"It's going to be alright now, I'll take you to get something to eat okay?"

"O-okay..." although saying this, Naruto still had doubts about the Anbu member because of the continuous torture he went through by strangers.

The Anbu member knew why Naruto was being tortured and hurt. He felt bad for the child for he only looked to be about 2 years old. He vowed to himself that he would try to help him as much as he could.

At Ichiraku...

"Two miso ramen with extra chasu please." The Anbu stated.

"Hai, coming right up!" Teuchi replied.

"Hey Naruto, are you alright?" Ayame asked Naruto and Teuchi also had a worried look in his eyes.

"Sort of, not really... I was beaten up by the villagers again..." Naruto replied.

Itachi was surprised and so he asked the little boy sitting next to him, "you know them Naruto?"

"Yeah," Naruto stated, "They are like family to me. One day, after I got tortured by the villagers, O'chan saw me wandering the streets and asked me whether I wanted a bowl of ramen or not. I was skeptical at first because I had major trust issues but they beckoned me in and I just couldn't resist the smell of ramen so they gave me a free bowl of ramen and told me that I could pay them back when I got older. Ever since that day, I started liking them and they became my family, sort of. They were always really nice to me and never tortured me, unlike the other villagers."

"Wow. "Thank you both for helping Naruto." the Anbu said in a deep, soothing silky voice.

"Ummm, by the way, Mr. Anbu-san, who are you?" Naruto asked in a shaky-not so shaky voice.

"Oh, how rude of me nor to introduce myself." the Anbu said.

"My name is Uchiha Itachi," Itachi replied with a smile on his face as he took his mask off.

"Uchi-ha Ita-chi?" Naruto asked wonderingly.

"Yes. Hello."

"Umm... you seem really nice... can I Ummm... trust... you...?" Naruto asked hesitantly.
"Of course Naruto, you can trust me. I will never hurt you."

"Honto-ni!!! Arigato Itachi-nii-san!!!"

Itachi smiled at the name as he watched the boy eat and finish his ramen along with his own. Teuchi and Ayame also smiled at them as they finished.

Flashback ends...

"Report to me every day and tell me what Naruto is up to. But, Naruto may catch on to you spying on him so when he does eventually confront you, please bring him to my office and we will go from there. Now go, Weasel." The Hokage ordered.

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

Flashback ends...

(In case you were wondering, Itachi was wearing a different mask to the one he met Naruto with so the child wouldn't find our who he was.)

"Uzumaki Naruto, please follow me to the Hokage's office. The Hokage calls for you."