Chapter 21

When Naruto reached his team, everyone except for Kakashi looked at him with confusion present in their eyes.

"Naruto? What happened back there?" Sasuke asked.

"Oh, I had to teach some people a lesson so I stayed back for a while," Naruto shrugged with a smile on his face. Sasuke saw the smile and blushed while looking away trying to hide it. Naruto internally smirked. Sakura, Kakashi, and Tazuna all saw the faint blush on Sasuke's face and knew exactly what was going on. Kakashi internally smiled gleefully, Sakura smirked, and Tazuna was even more confuzzled. The pancakes, waffles, and baguettes kept being added to the stack and his noggin, which was filled with roasted corn and potatoes, with a side of potato chips and gravy, was about to burst out of his brain from curiosity. Anyway, they started traveling again, but the team, aside from Kakashi, were completely confused.

"Oi, Sakura, what do you think happened?" Sasuke asked Sakura through their personal link.

"I have no idea," Sasuke answered.

"Do you have an idea?" Sakura sighed. Sasuke shook his head. Sakura groaned with irritation through the link. Sasuke sighed as well.

A few hours later...

Naruto suddenly hesitated, he glanced around. Naruto sighed and took out a kunai. He threw it at a nearby tree but then a white rabbit hopped out of it, scared shitless. It's ligit like the middle of summer, there are no white rabbits about.

"Naruto? What's wrong, why did you do that, it was an innocent bunny..." Sakura asked with a confused look in her eyes.

"Everybody, DUCK!!!!" Kakashi suddenly yelled. The jonin ran at Sakura and Tazuna and pushed them onto the ground along with himself. Sasuke quickly dropped himself to the ground but Naruto was left standing, The moment everyone got down, a large sword flew out of a nearby tree and sailed towards Naruto's head. Naruto sidestepped out of the way and stuck his finger into the opening that was located at the end of the blade. He started spinning the sword around his fingers as everybody stared at him with astonishment. Naruto slowly brought his head up to a spot near where the blade was thrown. A man suddenly jumped down and met Naruto's cold gaze with his own.

"Zabuza Momochi, also known as the demon of the Hidden Mist." Naruto smiled.

"Oh? You know me?" Zabuza smirked underneath his mask.

"Of course I do, Moomoo~" Naruto smiled, closing his eyes. Zabuza's eyes widened.

"No way..." The only person who dares call him that... is Kitsune.

"So, how's Haku?" Naruto smirked opening his eyes again.

"Don't say my Anbu name, I don't want my teammates to know who I am yet," Naruto said to Zabuza through their link.

"Fine, got it." Zabuza sighed.

"Oh, Haku's fine, he's cool," Zabuza said as a light blush formed over his cheeks.

Naruto chuckled, "Awwwww~."

"Shut it," Zabuza growled.

"Naruto? You know him?" Kakashi asked through their link.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I met him on one of my missions and I grew to like him and his companion. They're cool." Naruto replied. Kakashi sighed.

"So, I presume you're here to kill the old man over there correct?" Naruto suddenly said gesturing to Tazuna. Sasuke and Sakura were both equally confused. Naruto just kept hitting them with surprise that they were definitely not ready for today. The cow guy nodded.

"I was sent by Gato to kill the bridge builder in exchange for payment," Zabuza explained. Suddenly a boy jumped out of the tree and tackled Naruto to the ground, hugging the life out of him.

"NARUTOOOOO!!!!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!!!" The boy yelled. Sasuke was glaring daggers at the newcomer and was getting into a fighting stance ready to beat the shit out of him.

"Haku, I-I can't b-breath," Naruto choked.

"Ahh, gomenasai, Naruto-kun," Haku smiled guiltily while finally letting Naruto go as the blondie gasped for air.

After Naruto finally regained his composure, he stood up and looked at Zabuza and sighed. "You know Gato's not going to pay you."

"I figured as much..." Zabuza sighed.

"So..." Naruto tilted his head as he turned toward Tazuna. "You know, I've been suspicious of you from the beginning. So, I'm guessing this is more of a B to A rank mission since Zabuza and Gato are involved, along with the demon brothers. They range is about low chunin to high jonin. That's a high B to A-rank mission.

Tazuna lowed his head with guilt, "I didn't have enough money to ask for higher rank ninja to accompany me."

Naruto smirked, "Oh, don't worry, we'll take good for you, well I will that is. I will continue with the mission but the decision of whether you guys want to continue is completely up to you." Naruto said as he turned to Sasuke and Sakura. They both stared at Naruto but then nodded. Naruto hen shifts his gaze to Kakashi and he nodded.

"I guess the mission will continue then," Kakashi smiled.

Tazuna smiled a grateful smile, "Thank you, thank you, thank you." Naruto sighed and turned towards Zabuza and Haku. "Now for you two, what am I gonna do with you?" Naruto sighed. "I'm too lazy to have to write another letter so just come with us for the rest of the mission and when we get back to Konoha, I'll do what I do best, bribe the old man into making me the one who does all the decision making and shove him in a corner with thousands of copies of the perverted books while I bribe the council into only making you go under surveillance for 2 weeks. Sound good?" Haku and Zabuza both nodded.

"CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???!!!!" Sakura yelled.

Naruto looked at her and sighed, "Gomen, but I can't tell you just yet, but when the time comes, everything will fall into place." Sakura sighed, "I hope that time comes soon..." Sakura mumbled.

"Oh, don't worry, you will see very, very soon. Anyway, let's get going shall we?" Everyone nodded and they continued the journey with 2 new members added onto the team. Everyone was so confused that their heads were about to explode with curiosity, well aside from Haku, Zabuza, and Kakashi of course.