CHAPTER 22: ATTACK

Prithi's POV:

I went to the nearby grocery store to buy daily necessities.
I saw prashan bhaiya approaching me in the parking lot i greeted him good evening... But he was so angry that I could understand that but i couldn't let go of 4 years of brotherhood for mere misunderstandings though he acted it all but I didn't want to lose my people....

He slapped me immediately as he approached me, i fell down on the floor and all my groceries fell down I stood up with great efforts,my cheeks turned red, i started bleeding at the end of my lips ,my hands had bruises all over due to falling and before I could speak he held my neck tightly and I was lacking for air i tried speaking but he shouted loudly," because of you bitch my priya left me how dare you spoil my life prithi..." He said with ultimate anger....I started to lose breath completely then suddenly someone hit Prashan so hard that he left me i fell down on the floor again...I was unable to breathe properly while prashan was fighting with my saviour then after huge gasps i noticed that it was Karl....he finally was able to defeat Prashan and he was taking me out of that place but then Prashan hit him with a nearby rod I felt devastated for a second then i held prashan from beating Karl soon Karl regained his energy and bet prashan....

We both left in Karl's car, he halted at a medical shop and took first aid medicine for me and him....then halted near a park and we both sat on a bench he applied medicine with my consent and i too cleaned his wound and applied bandage over his head....Priya was walking in that park and she came running towards us," what happened to you both are you guys fine ?" With teary eyes....
I replied," we are fine Priya , prashan just tried to take revenge on me for your breakup but luckily Karl saved me today"
She then said," see again it was because of me that everyone is sad...I am so sorry Karl and Prithi" she said with utmost grief..
Karl pulled her wrist and made her sit between us...she was crying so he placed his finger on her lips and with another palm he rubbed her tears...and said," sh....no more tears, stop blaming yourself for everything and don't worry about him anymore I already informed my men they ll take care of him he can never again reach you guys..." He finished saying.....we all left the place...

To night,

I was crying in my room for Prashan bhaiya's mischief I felt so close to him for these years and he tried to kill me so adruptly....I always helped him in everything just because I pointed on his mistakes he tried to kill me...all these years it was as if I am playing with a snake by my side....all these thoughts made me cry even more...

Rudra texted,"what's up cherry?"
I replied," nothing much"
-"All fine?"
-"Yep"
-"You Know what we should head to our wedding shopping next week and don't forget to come to ***** this week I have very important thing to tell you"
-" Okay"
-" Are you really okay?"
-" yes" i didn't get anymore messages i was crying silently in my room...

Someone knocked on my door I opened it after erasing my tears and making myself up to fake smile....I went out to find Priya she said ," Rudra came to met you go with him wait a minute...." She took me inside and opened my wardrobe and found out a good outfit and I nodded my head as i don't want her to know that I am sad...she did light makeup to cover my scars and prashan's handprint on my cheek and some perfume....I am looking cute with a perfect fake smile for it....

I went downstairs to see Rudra standing against his car and scrolling his phone....after he noticed me he approached me and said," you took too long but we can wait for eternity for this beauty " he started being cheezy these days then he said," what made my baby cry?" I replied," who told I cried?" He replied," though you can cover your cherry face with makeup but can't cover your red eyes i guess"
I felt a bit embarrassed...
I kept silent as I don't want him to know what happened....he then opened car door for me and I sat inside...he asked me to wear my seatbelt, then he closed the door and went towards the driving seat he sat in the driving seat and started driving after a while he placed his one hand on my hand as I palely looked outside the window.....he then said," in our short term friendship of two months did you never think of me as your friend cherry?" I replied," i did " -"then share your pain with me I ll try to understand it and solve it as early as possible cherry"
-" it's nothing "
He then took his hand off me and  started driving too fast and didn't even glance at me for once I felt too alone i mean whenever we went on a ride he glances at me every now and then now I feel like I miss him being on his side....then I felt ,'it was definitely my mistake as he approached me just because he felt I was sad he asked me sweetly for literally countless times it was me who was moody and it was really great for a angry bird like him to concern for me and I turned him down these many times' made me feel guilty...then unknowingly tears escaped my eyes....he halted in between and went out of the car without even looking at me saying,"you can cry as much as you want i will not disturb you anymore".....I couldn't control anymore as he was moving far away from the car towards a shop i immediately went running and hugged him from the back crying....he then turned back and hugged me back patting on my back...he whispered,"sorry cool down don't cry now you have me okay?" Then gently placed his hands on my waist and lifted me upto the car I was still crying due to our large height difference it looked as if he was carrying a small baby moreover I am wearing a short frock....he opened the back door of the car and made me sit and sat along with me then he placed his hands one on my back and other under my knees and shifted me into his lap and gently with the pad of his thumb rubbed my tears my makeup almost smudged off due to crying...he then noticed that palm impression on my cheek....he looked really concerned he asked," who did this to you cherry?" With rage and anger...she said," Don't be angry Rudra.......Karl bhaiya already took care of them now please don't lose your calmness " he again turned gentle and said," okay you don't cry and remember that you have me understood?" I nodded in response...he then called one of his men to drive us home... he halted at a medical shop and brought a brown paper bag sat beside me in the car and carefully took out makeup remover wipes and gently removed my makeup i hissed in pain when he touched cheek...I saw his nerves popping up near the neck but he controlled himself and blew air from his mouth on my cheek soothing my pain...he then took out cooling gel from that brown bag and gently applied it on my injury I felt at ease...he blew air again I feel ticklish in the pit of my stomach for his such cute gesture.....I definitely think I am in love with this man though my perspectives were wrong for all these years over drinking, love marriage and all my opinions changed after meeting him....

I understood that drinking isn't wrong seeing Karl...and seeing Karl & Priya i understood that love can turn anything sweet.... seeing Rudra's respect and considerate behaviour towards me I feel like marrying him is the best decision I can make.....

He gently caressed my cut lip with his pad of thumb and out of nowhere I felt the urge to kiss him i held his collar and pulled him in a swift motion towards me and placed my lips on his lips he opened his eyes wide open in shock and I was closing mine in fear... He moved back and went out of the car without any response soon he signaled the driver and he drove me back to my home I felt really embarrassed I definitely went out of limits what did I just do did I lose my mind or something I was busy thinking these and went inside the room blankly Priya asked," Had dinner?" I replied,"No"...

Then she brought food in a plate and started feeding me...i tried taking the plate but she said," did rudra scould you for hiding it?"
I replied," No" then,"why are you so blank baby"
-"nothing i did something foolish so I am just worried that it would effect our relationship"
-"Don't worry rudra is very considerate towards you...."
-"Priya...you said you know rudra from really long right did you know anything about his love life?"
-"Are you being jealous?"
-"no no I just wanted to know..."
-"actually I think he had a girlfriend in University i only saw her once when we went on a double date with Karl when I was in my junior college....I don't remember her so well but I do know that she was sweet that she treated me as her little sister"
- I made an 'O' face,"can I ask Karl about this?" I asked...she replied," yeah....but sometimes it's good not to dig in past and bring up new problems prithi" soon she washed her hands as I was done eating...then she came to the room and called Karl.

-" hello Priya "
-" hello Karl.... actually prithi and I wanted to ask you something are you around Rudra?"
-" yes...I don't know why but he has been acting weird since he returned home...." My heart slammed into my chest remembering my bold act..
-"Oo...can you come away from him for a while..."
-" okay...say it out"
-"does rudra have any ex girlfriends?"
-" Yeah! He had a girl named Pooja they even had their marriage fixed 5 years ago but they broke up and she married another man out of nowhere while Rudra went under an accident. I too don't know much about it as i was out of station in my grief of departure from you Priya from then Rudra turned into this beast....behaving cold to everyone...."
-"okay karl....call me when your free good night and don't drink "
"Okay Priya good night sweet dreams"

They ended the call....so he did lose interest in marriage because of that girl or because he is not interested in me....I kept my thoughts the whole time on this...so Priya insisted on sleeping with me tonight and she closed my eyes with her hands and said," shh....stop thinking nonsense and go to sleep" I slept immediately as she distracted me several times from thinking....

Weekend:

Though he invited me over here before that incident but he didn't message me from that day...still i arrived their with the outfit he asked me to wear and did the makeup accordingly....

It was his penthouse...I came up to the terrace and found a way filled with rose petals directing me to the other side of the terrace as soon as I entered their I saw a heart shaped structure filled with flowers...and in middle was hanging "I Love you" in bold text....

and in middle was hanging "I Love you" in bold text

With candles and a bouquet placed over there...

Author's message:

Thanks for reading ♥️