The don is here

Razia's POV
I came out of the shower in my robe,my siblings were still in my room.
Mansoor:so how did it go?
Razia:fine,turns out on Friday,the don will be taking part.

Muina:the freaking don?
Razia:yes.
Mansoor: straight racing is getting too dangerous Razia.
Razia: I will be fine big brother.

(We were talking when my father walked in.The room went silent.My sister and I were always taught to bow out heads.I didn't)

Ahmed:why are you still in a robe, infront of your brother?
Razia:he is my brother,father
Ahmed:so you dare talk back without my permission?

Razia:if I was quiet ,you would call me disrespectful for not answering.(my siblings were giving me looks to stop but I didn't.Iast night he hit our mom once again.I resented him for hitting us)

Ahmed:you have grown a tongue,I see(he took threatening steps, Mansoor stood infront of me, shielding me.) Move aside.

Mansoor:we are your family,yet you treat us poorly.
Ahmed:so you dare question me?
Mansoor:I am not,I am just telling you the hard truth, FATHER (the way he said it,was strange.He walked off.Muiba soon followed.My dad and I were left , having some sort of stare down.He Walked off quietly.)

This was the first time, Mansoor had backed me up.No one dared questioned him,but I had the habit of doing otherwise, because he was forcing his authority on us.

Friday came, and it was time to meet the don.We arrived at the race tracks.All the racers had their fancy race cars.

Why were the higher ranks even here?Osman was driving my race car,the car I would use.He drove it slowly as we walked beside it to our station.

I didn't miss the dirty looks I was being given.Two reasons,my car was basic and I was a hijabi, which was a huge giveaway that I was Muslim.

Man:hey little girl, this isn't a place for you, don't you have to prepare for an arranged marriage or something? And look at this piece of junk(they laughed but I ignored them.)

My car was old,but it was fast.Not as fast as the higher rank cars,but it was very durable.

Soon the don arrived.My back was turned away from the crowd who was eager to see him

Osman:look.
Razia: I don't want to.
Eric: that's good, because he is very intimidating.(from my left side,I saw the Don's car being parked at his station.I was about to look at him when I heard my name being called.)

I looked up and saw naida, firdaus,muiba and Mansoor cheering me on.

I signaled for them to keep silent.I didn't want attention.It was too late,as I noticed someone's heavy gaze on my back.

I turned around only to meet eyes with the don.We both froze.His grey eyes board into mine.Soon the alarm went off, meaning we had to get into positions.

We all got into our race cars ,I don't know why but it felt as if my heart skipped a beat.