Angry bird

Max's POV
They all went silent.I sat on the couch.
Hud: nice to see you boss(I raised an eyebrow,he looked away)
Chase: let's play.

(They started.Hudson was the youngest of my men.He was 18.he started around 15 years old.His mom was sick and his father was poor,so he joined us.Since then I took care of his family)

I may be known for being ruthless,but I was always kind to those who needed it.Razia soon joined and she was enjoying kicking their a*ses.

Her competitiveness came out as she poked fun at them.She then jumped up and down, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

She realized what I meant.She wasn't wearing any bra, even though she was covered up,it was obvious.

She stopped and sat down,I noticed, she always gave the boys a gap when sitting.

The opposite sex thing,was very helpful I won't lie.It kept her away from other men,but also me.

I did my research,I could only come close to her,if I married her.There she would be all mine and she couldn't even dare stare in the eyes of another.

I also learnt that she couldn't marry a non Muslim, because she was a woman.Men are heads of the family, that is why Muslim men are allowed to marry non -muslims because they take the important decisions in the family, and the kids have to follow in their footsteps.

That's Abit of patriarchy,I won't lie,but I somewhat understand.
Would I be able to change for a woman?

Does she even love me?

Soon it was 4.
Max: that's enough.
Razia:shh,we are not done with the round.
Max:Razia..
Razia: don't distract me!

(I had enough and turned off the plug.She angrily threw her controller at me)
Razia: what the heck!(it hit me on the mouth, causing my men to gasp.my mouth bled.She rushed to me)

Razia:am so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you(She touched my lip and used her thumb to wipe the blood off.I just stared into her eyes.Did she really care for me?)

Max: let's go(I walked off, she followed after me.We got in the car as she drove off.I was silent throughout just thinking about how things could happen between us)

We reached my office and went for the meeting.

Razia's POV
How can I be so stupid to throw a controller at him? I needed to get my feelings in check.
It was a bad habit of mine, and now I hurt him.

Not only did I feel guilty,it was as if I cared about him.No it couldn't be,he was non Muslim.He was a mafia leader for goodness sake.

We were in the elevator as I went deep in thoughts.Getting out,I wasn't quick.Two people went in,as the door closed,it caught the loose ends of my hijab.

It started pulling me up.
Razia:Max!(my headscarf started going loose,I held onto it, refusing to let it get off my head.