36 ☆ it would never satisfy

๑ YOU ARE MEAND I AM YOU

YOU ARE ME
AND I AM YOU.

it would never satisfy chapter 36

I've never seen silence quite this loud

I've never seen silence quite this loud. I exit my kitchen and see Mother sitting across from Taehyun, simply staring–and I notice how he could barely look her in the eye. Her hands are prim and proper while Taehyun's fiddle in his lap, continuously moving to shove away the fact that she was practically glaring. How could she make such a scene, even if it wasn't verbal? I thought I warned her, and that would be enough.

I slam down the cup of tea on the coffee table, startling Taehyun in the prcess. "Here's your drink," I don't bother to address her by her parental name. I don't want to address her at all, and I'd rather get her out of here as soon as possible. I take a seat next to Taehyun–and boldly grabbing his hand, I intertwine our fingers. I know that Mother's internally fuming, and I know that Taehyun's looking at me as if I've lost all sense in my head. But, I'm not scared of her anymore. I can't let her control my life. "What are you here for? You never visit me."

She raises an eyebrow ever so slightly. "I've visited you before."

"Once," I clarify, Taehyun's grip around my hand tightening. Still, I don't succumb to giving respect. "And it was only to tell me that my form at the show I modeled for was horrible."

"Don't make me look back in front of a guest," She reprimands, but she knows that I wouldn't listen anyway. She lifts a leg over the other and her stare finally flickers from him to me, then, to the large window. "Or really, your boyfriend–although I don't want to consider him that."

"That has nothing to do with you anyway," I reply with haste. "It's my business. I told you that I'm going to do what I want to do."

"It will affect your reputation!"

"I don't care about that anymore. I will do as I please," Mother scoffs, crossing her arms. "I know that I've built myself up this high, and it may tarnish it. But, I've done a lot of work getting this far, and even if it crumbles now, I can see what my true value is."