37 ☆ past, present, and post

๑ YOU DESERVED APROPER FATHER

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

YOU DESERVED A
PROPER FATHER.

past, present, and post chapter 37

past, present, and post ✧ chapter 37

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I face the restaurant. An old, dimly-lit, and small, something-less-than-fancy restaurant.

I know my speech sounds like it only took ten hours–from the morning to the evening, to go back to my selfish, unkind ways. But, I realize as I stand under the orange light, that I'm confronting my past. It's the past that went incomplete because I was just a kid thinking that her father was the villain. I was too young to notice that the man who sauntered toward me, bent down, and gave me my favorite fruit as an apology after their divorce... was a man who only wanted me to understand why he did what he did.

If I never met Taehyun, I don't know how willing I would've been to see my father again. I'm sure I would've ended up with the same hatred for my mother, but considering that so much has changed over the last decade, it wouldn't have felt anywhere near comfortable.

I open the door, swallowing hard. There's no person at the front desk waiting to seat you. There's no long line. There's a kitchen in sight, and the smell of home-oriented food clears my sinus. I look around, and only another family besides my father, who I could make an inference out of, eating in there.

Taking off my sunglasses, I stroll toward him quietly and pass his shoulder, turning around to face him. Taking a seat, his face lights up, a small smile on his face. "Sora."

My name. A name that I used to be afraid of–but coming out of my father's mouth, it sounds like the way Taehyun says it. It's gentle, kind, alluring. I can feel my heart racing just hearing it. "Father," I speak quietly, blinking profusely. "It's been a long time since we've met. How did you reach my agency?"

"I saw the news," I presumed so. He looks so solemn–like he's holding back tears. It hurt me to watch him holding it in. He wraps a hand around the other, trying to keep himself warm. "I saw your name, and then the picture they posted, and–I just knew it was you. After what your mother did, I was certain it was you. It's been so long, I didn't expect you to have a boyfriend already."