38 ☆ one foot forward

๑ WILL THINGS CHANGEBETWEEN US?

WILL THINGS CHANGE
BETWEEN US?

one foot forward chapter 38

"Welcome, Miss Kwon!" I smile proudly as I enter the department, bowing as I walk past the group of designers

"Welcome, Miss Kwon!" I smile proudly as I enter the department, bowing as I walk past the group of designers. "Wow... I thought she'd never come back thanks to those rumors, but she seems to be trampling all over them. In this light, Miss Kwon looks so cool."

"I know, right? Even CEO Kang hasn't paid attention to it. I thought by now, either of them would make a statement denying it, considering how well-known both are–even if CEO Kang's face has never been seen."

"Well," I hear Sorin enter the conversation, causing me to halt behind the wall for a moment. "That's Miss Kwon and CEO for you. When people push them to their limits, their shared love is enough to tackle it."

A good way to sum it up, my precious Sorin. She always has my back. Just as I turn my head to Taehyun's office, I hear the door open, Taehyun yawning as he comes out. For the first time, he's wearing a hoodie and casual jeans, and I feel my knees buckle. Could he not do this in the office, where a lot of women are watching? This sight is for me and me only!

Turning his head and lifting his gaze, we make eye contact, causing him to grin instantly. "Sora."

I hush him for a moment, causing him to look puzzled. I slide my finger down my leg and stop right at the butterfly hanging off my heel, causing Taehyun to break his confusion and chuckle. I touch it a few times and straighten myself, my boyfriend coming toward me with open arms.

"What are you doing here so early?" He whispers and pinches my cheek, a giggle slipping out of my lips. Leaning down, Taehyun pulls up the hood of his hoodie briefly, kissing me once he does. I fist the fabric, pulling back after a few seconds. "If I knew you were coming here any earlier, I would've looked a little better."

"Mm, no need. You look your best right now," Perhaps I was drooling. I couldn't tell–I'm still swooning over him like this. I'm going to assume he did this for me; I could make that inference with that coy smirk playing on his lips. "But, I don't think this should be seen by anyone else, no? You look too good, and it should be seen by my eyes only–"