39 ☆ a fashion statement

๑ DO YOU SEE WHERE ALLTHE CHAOS AND COLLISIONS ARE?

DO YOU SEE WHERE ALL
THE CHAOS AND COLLISIONS ARE?

a fashion statement chapter 39

I sit outside of the design room, scrolling on my phone

I sit outside of the design room, scrolling on my phone. Tilting my head with a bit of anger, I read the article header–"CEO of Yeju Designs, Choi Yeonjun, possibly dating Chinese model, Zhang Yanxi?"

"That ass," I comment under my breath, turning off my phone. Sticking it in my coat pocket, I can't help but look through the glass. I see Taehyun looking down at a piece of paper while Sorin helps him navigate it, pointing out things. "Is it really... worth it, Kang?"

But he couldn't hear me. I just know he'd say yes.

Yeonjun made quite the irrational decision doing so. Although he was trying to save Taehyun, he was going to hurt himself in the process. I know I should be positive about these kinds of things too, but, I just don't believe that Yeonjun could fully suppress her. From what Sorin has told me about her, there's just no way that a single scandal could get rid of her. I know it's inevitable. I just don't know what Taehyun will say.

I want him to succeed, always. But, if his mother returns even for a brief second, or even the bare mention of her coming back arises, I don't know what I'll do. I don't know what he'll do. I don't want him to get scared. I don't want him to become a coward. He's worked too hard for that.

I groan, shoving my face into my palms. Briefly, I lean forward toward the desk and take a bite out of the sandwich Taehyun bought for me, chewing like there was no tomorrow. Gosh, this isn't even my problem, and I'm stressed!

Maybe Yeonjun was right. I should've stayed blind. I should've kept my mouth shut instead of angering him and cornering him, and– "Sora."

"H-Huh?!" I flinch, looking to my right. Taehyun gives me a weird stare, beckoning to my actions. "Are you okay out here? Are you sure you don't want to come in?"

"Yeah, yeah," I exhale slowly, trying to conceal the fact that my heart was racing miles a minute. I feel like I'm his bodyguard out here. "I don't want to interrupt you guys. I was just looking at Sorin, and it looks like she's hard at work."