Chapter 15: Fatal Attraction 9

At the Grey Mansion...

All the helpers were moving up and down loading everything into the haulers. Rooney was busy checking if everything had been done. With only a few days left for the grand event, they had a lot to do. Even if it was five whole days away, some of the guests would start arriving soon. Aristrocrats had a well known habit of wanting to catch their hosts by surprise. Master Grey pushed himself into the room, making his dominant presence known. 'Any word Rooney.' Rooney swallowed a huge lump, thinking of what to tell his master. 'Well, h...' 'Save it.' Another dominant voice filled the room. The young master stood elegantly, in a much better shape after his near death encounter. 'He wont come. I already told you. He has a lot more to do than be with his family' 'Young master, dont say that, he will come through.' Rooney pleaded, but it seemed they both lost hope. He sighed and walked away to the grand chamber. There, photos of  all the generations hung perfectly on the walls. He walked to a specific photo. It was of Damien and, his older brother. The first heir to the Grey Dynasty, Master Grey's pride and joy...Roman Grey. It had been 5 years since he left home. He had always been the arrogantt one, always preferring to live his own life. After the death of Master Grey's only son along with his wife,  he was only left with the joy his grandsons gave him. The reasons he had to live for 90 years. After Roman left, he never became the same. He felt like a piece of him was missing. Even Damien felt it. Having had never seen his father,  his elder brother had been his father. But, as the years grew to increase, their hope soon grew little. With pain came anger and it was slowly turning them bitter. 'We need you now more than ever. You are our only hope.' Rooney pleaded, looking at the potrait of the handsome man with an aura which illuminated from even his picture alone.
.
.
.
A few miles away from the land

Ven and Flare had arrived in the latter's home town. It was a small village like place with evergreen landscapes. The place reminded reminded her of where they stayed during her childhood. 'This place is beautiful Flare.' 'It is, i spent a lot of my childhood here.' They walked for a while, encountering a few kids here and there. Ven was having a bliss. 'Over there.' Flare pointed at a  big house in the distance. 'Thats where you lived?' Ven asked in awe. 'Yes, that my chldhood house.' 'Its big, just like the house we lived in with my aunt and uncle.' Ven then sulked, thinking about her aunt. It was weird how Ory never mentioned her. Maybe she was worried it would hurt her feelings. 'We're here.' Flare said as they walked towards the grand entrance. She knocked on the door and a pregnant woman opened. 'Flarina, is this really you!' Ven almost laughed out, the woman pulled Flare into a huge embrace. The woman hadnt noticed Ven who was smiling all along. When her eyes landed on her, she froze. 'Oh, this is my bestfriend, Ven. Ven , this is my aunt Wendy.' The woman had her eyes on her, she slowly rubbed her stomach, as if feeling something from within her stomach. 'Lets go in' Flare said dragging Ven by her hand inside. 'I wonder what happened to her.' 'Its probably hormones,'Flare dismissed. They walked in further, there were some people in the living room. They seemed to be not very happy. One man noticed them, well Flare and got up. 'Flare, is this really you?' 'Yes uncle Tim, its me.' They hugged each other as everyone came closer with faces getting a little brighter, apart from a few individuals. Everyone seemed to be engrossed in meeting Flare that noone noticed Ven. 'Oh , everyone, this is my very bestfriend, Raven.' Aunt Wendy walked in with her perplexed face. It seemed everyone else was getting the same face. Flare didnt notice it though. Just then, footsteps filled the room, a middle aged gentleman walked into the room. Flare's smiled slowly disappeared as she observed the man. The man's face lightened as he noticed her. 'Flare, my dear daughter.' He opened his arms for a hug, which Flare accepted hesitantly. Ven thought to herself, 'thats the father.' 'I knew you would never let your mother down.'he continued pulling out the hug. 'And you brought a friend.' He said turning to face her. As he adjusted to Ven's face, his face grew a bit pale. 'This is Raven, Raven Yiegitz, my bestfriend.' 'Hmm.' He nodded. 'Come on now, im sure the girls are tired now.' A older woman said, breaking the building awkward silence.
The family talked more over dinner. Flare's father, Mr Rosel had decided they would go to visit his wife the following day. 'You girls go ahead and sleep. Us elders have something to discuss.' Without any dispute, Flare got up, used to the norm of family meetings being done in her absence. It seemed they couldnt get the fact that she was all grown up, and that made her  angry. 'All done.' Ven said making the bed, Flare stood by the window balcony looking down  upon the elders. They seemed to be engrossed in a very serious conversation. 'Are you ok?' Ven said, placing her hand on her shoulder. Flare smiled and nodded softly. Ven could see where her mind was, but wouldnt ask, not yet. Later, the girls fell asleep in a comfortable silence. Each not knowing what to expect for the following day. All they could do, was sleep their exhaustation away.