The Lost Vault

(Uniend Cluster 831.1012.514.1014.25.07.02.23.32 Zeta-Alpha-Kappa, the day of the search for the Dark Spark, third person POV...)

Shockwave and Ironspan fly towards the gates of Crystal City via the acid battery ruins, with Soundwave following on the ground in vehicle mode.

Shockwave says, "The gates of Crystal City lay just beyond this chasm."

Ironspan then asks, "Tell me, Shockwave, do you really believe that this so-called Dark Spark exists?"

Shockwave replies before saying, "I do not believe, Ironspan; I hypothesize. My conclusion is not yet formed, but all forms of data leads us here."

Ironspan remarks, "Ah, yes, ever the scientist."

Shockwave retorts, "As you once were."

Soundwave then advises, "Conversation irrelevant, danger imminent."

Ironspan replies, "For once, we agree, Soundwave."

After making it to a checkpoint, Soundwave and the others transform to robot mode and are besieged by Insecticons.

After destroying several Insecticon Swarmers and Spitters, the three Decepticons enter the main entrance.

Ironspan growls in disgust, "Ew, what are those filthy things?"

Soundwave answers, "According to this audio log, these are insectoid protoform denizens of Crystal City adapted to the harsh environment and scouring Cybertron's surface for Energon. I conclude that they are christened as Insecticons."

Shockwave remarks, "Insecticons? Fascinating."

After destroying more Insecticon Swarmers, Megatron says over the commlink, "(Filtered) Shockwave, Soundwave, Ironspan, please report."

Shockwave answers, "We have gained entrance to the facility, Lord Megatron."

Ironspan then asks politely, "Lord Megatron, is it true that the Dark Spark exists and is contained in a vault somewhere in this place?"

Megatron answers, "(Filtered) Yes, Ironspan, it is all true. Now, I need the three of you to bring me the Dark Spark, and quickly; I'm detecting numerous Autobots heading to Crystal City."

Soundwave replies, "Understood, Lord Megatron."

Megatron adds, "(Filtered) And Ironspan? Please make sure that you remember my lessons about Decepticon leadership."

Ironspan replies, "Yes, Lord Megatron."

Megatron hangs up.