9. A New Point of View

Mavis knocked on Lesso's office door...

"Come in!" Lesso spoke and Mavis entered.

"Sit!" Lesso ordered pointing to the chair in front of her desk...

After Mavis sat down she scooted her chair back a few feet, remembering what Lesso did to her in the doom room.. Lesso noticed this and she knew exactly why.

"I'm not gonna hurt you Mavis! I went too far with your punishment, I want to apologize for being so strict with you... I'm strict because I don't want to loose you! " Lesso explained...

Mavis sat in silence . She didn't know Lesso cared about her that much.

" years ago, when I first became dean, a group of 3 students snuck out after curfew! They thought it would be fun to explore the blue forest at night. I heard screams from my office. When I found the students in the blue forest, they were dead. They had gotten attacked by reapers..."
Lesso said..

"That's horrible!... the students technically broke two rules though : no staying out after curfew, and they went into the blue forest at night, without permission... I at least stayed inside the castle walls." Mavis said.

"Indeed but you were still out of bed after curfew, and you could have gotten severely hurt!" Said Lesso getting frustrated, now raising her voice.

Mavis thought about what Lesso said...

She thought about how heartbroken Dracula would be if she died here for being stupid! Dracula already had lost his wife, he couldn't live with himself if he lost his only daughter to!
Lesso would be devastated, she couldn't let it happen again.. Mavis's eyes started watering .

"Im sorry for sneaking out! I didn't mean it to be disrespectful towards you. I just wanted to stretch my wings a little and when I heard you coming i panicked." Mavis said...

"I also have a f-" Mavis began but was cut off

"Fear of needles? I know... there is a very fine line between being traumatized and being tortured. And I crossed that line unfortunately. I truly am sorry for what I put you through Mavis..."
Lesso spoke...

Mavis started sobbing. All the emotions she had towards Lesso: anger, frustration, hatred, all came pouring out through Mavis's crying!

Lesso opened her arms and held Mavis close whispering sweet nothings into her ear..
After Mavis had no more tears to cry Lesso finally broke the depressing silence that filled the room...

"Now I do have some good news! The headmaster has heard of your little incident, however , he has decided that you are allowed to fly around inside the evil school after curfew. As long as you let me know before you head out and let me know when you are going back to your dorm...  got it?!" Lesso said.

Mavis couldn't contain her excitement!!!
"really?!?!?! Holy rabies! Thank you so much!!!" Mavis said ...

"My pleasure!!! I know how much you like being in bat form." Lesso said.

"Just like you like being the Dean of Evil." Mavis said with a smile on her face.

"Indeed Mavis! Indeed!" Lesso said