14. Trial By Tale.

After waiting a few minutes, in came the headmaster...

" ah, Lady Lesso, Mavis! What can I do for you both?" The headmaster asked.

Lesso looked at Mavis...

"Hello sir! Lesso and I have felt an attraction towards each other and we both want to be in a relationship, with your approval of course. The relationship would be kept private, and it would not be shown when others are around..." Mavis said...

"There is only one way to prove this relationship is indeed true love..." the Storian spoke .

"That is correct Storian." Said the headmaster...

"Mavis , remind me how old you are?" He said

" I'm 116 years old sir!" Mavis replied.

"Excellent! A Trial by Tale will take place tomorrow night!" The Headmaster spoke.

"Sorry to interrupt. What is a Trial by Tale?" Mavis asked curiously..

"You and I enter the Blue Forest on opposite sides. We have to defeat whatever danger presents itself, find each other by dawn. Help: is strictly forbidden." Lesso spoke.

"That's it? . It's like hide n seek!" Mavis laughed.

"That settles it then. We will see you tomorrow night!" The Headmaster spoke and disappeared.

"Alright then, let's head back!" Lesso said.

"Wait wait wait?! We have to go back down the staircase ?" Mavis said .

"Of course not! There is a better way... storian do you mind helping us out? Hold my hand." Lesso said with the most evil smirk.

The Storian rose above the book and started spinning around, crating a golden glow, the floor disappeared out from under Lesso and Mavis. They began falling at an alarming rate. Mavis was furious, but also terrified. All of a sudden there was a bright light...

Mavis woke up in her dorm the next morning.
Lesso was the same.

Mavis remembered what Happened last night. She almost died!

"But you didn't..." Lesso said standing in the doorway.

Mavis glared at Lesso ...

"Oh come on! You have to admit it was a little fun! And you didn't even have to walk all the way back here..." Lesso smirked.

"It was a tiny tiny tiny bit fun. But I did enjoy you carrying me up those stairs! You're really strong..." Mavis said.

Lesso blushed at the comment.

"Get dressed ! Breakfast is in ten. I'll see you in class Mae!" Lesso said ... and left.

"It's Saturday, smarty pants!" Mavis hollered down the hall.

Lesso came storming back.

"What did you just call me?!?!" Lesso said!

"It's Saturday... and you're hot when you're mad..."
Mavis responded sassily. ..

Lesso blushed ..."see you tonight "

The day went by super fast . Mavis went up to her dorm and got ready for the Trial by Tale...