13. Dinner...

Mavis didn't eat much for dinner...  she still talked with her friends, and they still asked about her crush. But she wasn't ready to tell them... after dinner she changed into bat form and few out to the main bridge... she hooked herself on the edges and listen to the sounds of the night... she thought she was alone but she heard the clicking of heels getting closer...

"I thought I'd find you here..." Lesso said...

No response...

"You can come out Mavis I actually wanted to speak with you..." Lesso said.

Mavis loosened her claws and flew up on the bridge ... she changed to her human form...

Lesso could tell that Mavis was very nervous; she had her arms folded and held close to her body.

"Oh here we go another lecture, about not being in my dorm is breaking policy and crap..." Mavis thought. She still couldn't look Lesso in the eyes..

"Hello Mavis..." Lesso said.

"First off you're not in trouble, and I'm not mad at you." Lesso said.

Mavis immediately relaxed a little knowing she was not gonna get yelled at by Lesso...

Lesso lifted Mavis's chin so that Mavis was looking at her...

" I saw you earlier in the library when Dovey and I were talking about you... I meant every word I said. I couldn't say it to your face because I didn't want you to think I was stupid..." Lesso confessed...

"Really? You love me? " Mavis asked completely in shock that Lesso liked her... no .... loved her...

"Indeed my love!" Lesso said as she picked Mavis up and kissed her... Mavis wrapped her arms around Lesso.

still holding Mavis Lesso spoke,

" now I'd love to make this relationship official, but that would be up to the headmaster to decide... wanna go ask him?" Lesso asked.

" I do!!!" Mavis said, and they walked over to the headmasters tower , stopping in front of it because there was no staircase leading to the door...

Lesso took a step out off the bridge, but Mavis hesitated, and had a scared look on her face...

"Baby what's wrong?" Lesso asked and she squated down to be closer to Mavis...

"It's really high up... I can't ..." Mavis said .

"Baby girl,you fly out of windows at Transylvania
All the time, and you flew here all by yourself..." Lesso said...

" I know but this feels different; I'm not changing into bat form.." Mavis said.

Lesso picked Mavis up and wrapped her legs around her and stepped off the bridge, when a misty staircase appeared and Lesso began climbing the stairs... Mavis was holding into Lesso like her life depended on it!

"Please don't drop me! Please don't drop me!" Mavis cried. As Lesso continued climbing...

" I can't look !" Mavis said as she hid her eyes in Lesso's shoulder. Lesso hugged her tight, making her feel secure...

" alright we are at the top, you can let go Mavis." Lesso said.

"We are even higher up than before! There's no way I'm letting go of you!" Mavis replied

" oh poor baby ! It's so scary !" Lesso teased .

" it really is from my point of view!!!" Mavis said.

Lesso knocked on the tower doors and they opened.

Lesso put Mavis down now that they were inside the tower... Mavis froze, and she darted over to a couch and hugged a pillow for comfort.

". Just don't look out the windows we are really high up!" Lesso teased.

" shut up! "  Mavis said, she knew Lesso was only playing with her...

Lesso walked over to the storian: a moving golden quill that was writing something down in a large book. 

" hello storian, have you seen the headmaster, we need to speak to him, nothing urgent, just need his approval for something..." Lesso asked the storian...  Lesso knew damn well to be respectful to the storian, because the storian and headmaster work closely together...

" Good evening Leonora! The  Headmaster should  be back any minute... have a seat on the couch until he gets back..."  the Storian said...

Lesso went to say next to Mavis, who had calmed down to where she was not hugging the pillow, she was now fidgeting with the fringe the pillow had stitched around the edges...

" this couch is really comfy!!! And soft! "
Mavis said.

"It is isn't it!" Lesso replied.

Lesso always enjoyed being in the Headmasters tower... it was always peacefully quiet , with the only sounds of the storian scribbling away... .. Mavis getting sleepy, leaned her head against Lesso's shoulder and went to sleep, taking in Lesso's scent ...