Chapter 45

Leilani's POV

I went into Kelly's room after I left Alex. She was laying on her bed with a pillow  over her face. "Curtains. "She groaned. I understood what she meant and walked over to the window.

"Are you hangover?" I asked chuckling. "I don't even remember drinking." She responded, her voice muffled by the pillow covering her face.

"I wonder why." I responded rolling my eyes. "Did I do anything dumb?" She asked sitting up. "Not that I know of. Wait...actually you did kind of go to the bathroom with some guy." I lied.

"What!"she asked, her eyes wide open in shock. I burst out laughing  at her reaction. "You are an awful person."she muttered rolling off the bed. She looked around the room confused.

"What?" I asked after I stopped laughing. "Did you pack my things?" She asked. "No. I came in here to see if you were done packing." I said.

"Probably Cole."she shrugged getting off the bed. "I'm going to get ready. I'll be out in a minute. "She said sleepily walking over to the bathroom.

There was a knock on the door so I decided to get it. It was Shaun. He turned around to walk away when he saw me. "Shaun wait." I said stopping him.

He turned around and raised his eyebrow. "Look I'm sorry for everything. You and Kelly have been friends way before I met you. I shouldn't have tried to mess with that." I apologized.

"It's okay. What are friends for if not to piss you off?" He asked throwing his arm around my shoulder. I smiled, glad that we're okay.

"Anyway I was just bringing this for Kelly."he said handing me some aspirin and a bottle of water. "Thanks. She definitely needs it. "I chuckled. "That bad?"he asked. "Well she did drink a lot." I responded.

He laughed. "Well, I'll be down with the others."he stated. I nodded before shutting the door.

"Kelly's going to freak out when she finds out Shaun's her mate. I'm not an idiot but i am a bad friend for keeping this. It's not my place to tell her, right? Besides it's just a suspicion." I ranted to myself.

"Are you talking to yourself? "Kelly asked walking out of the bathroom. "Yeah, I do that sometimes. "I mumbled. "Gosh you and Sophia are the weirdest chicks I've met. "She said chuckling.

"Weirder than Celine. Ouch." I responded with a hand on my chest. "Yeah you're probably right. Celine and Vivian are worse." She shuddered.

"Don't even mention her name." I muttered. "Jealous now are we?" She asked with a smirk. "I'm so not. I have nothing to be jealous about. "I said flipping my hair with a pout.

"That's the attitude." She giggled. "Oh here." I said handing her the aspirin. "Thanks, my head is killing me."she said taking it.

"Shaun actually brought it. He was worried that you might have a hangover. " I stated carefully analyzing her facial expression.

"Well he's my drinking partner for a reason. "She said chuckling. "Yeah, you guys are pretty close." I said. "Yeah, I love the boys but it doesn't hurt that I finally have you and Sophia."she said with a smile.

"I'm glad I met you guys." I responded with a smile of my own. Looks like Shaun's gonna need some help. She just likes him as a friend. I'm not going to do anything drastic in case they aren't mates.

~~time skip ~~

It's time. I've said goodbye to my dad and uncle at least till my birthday. Sophia left minutes ago to her mum's. Uncle Gavin convinced her to spend the day with her mum and Peter? I can't remember.

Alex decided to ride with Cole on the way back. Nevel insisted on going with Alan so i joined him. That left Shaun and Kelly in the last car.

"Why does he look fascinated by everything?" Alan asked snapping me from my thoughts. "He hasn't really left home." I responded. I couldn't help but smile at the curious expression on Nevel's face as we drove through the pack.

Alan didn't say anything. "Is that why your dad sent this many guards? "He asked bluntly. "Yeah. He's just a little worried about Nevel. He lost his mate to rogues. I was kidnapped by rogues and now his only son is away from his protection. "I responded.

"I can't say I blame him." Alan responded. "You'd do same?" I asked without thinking. "If I ever end up adopting. "He responded bluntly. "You don't think you're fertile? "I asked confused.

There's nothing wrong with adoption. I just don't know why he specifically mentioned it. "The problem isn't about my fertility."he responded with a smirk. I cocked my head to the side, confused.

"I don't want a mate."he explained with a shrug. "Right...not everyone is like your mum you know." I stated softly. He didn't respond. "I know."he muttered after a while.

"I know you just see me as Alexander's mate but I see you as a friend. If your mate doesn't deserve you I'll be the one to reject her." I stated firmly.

"I'm not sure that's how rejection works."he said with a smirk. "I'll make it work. "I said. He chuckled. "You're weird."he stated with a small smile. It could have been my imagination but I'll take it.

Alan just smiled...at me. Hey that's progress for me.

"Why don't you like your mate?" Nevel asked innocently. "It's not that I don't. I'd just prefer not to meet her." Alan shrugged. "But then you'll be lonely." Nevel said sadly.

"I'd like that." Alan muttered. "Don't worry,  I'll be there so you won't get lonely." Nevel said. "I swear if I didn't know them well enough, I'd say this is Cole and Kelly's lost brother." Alan muttered.

"Well he did grow up with Sophia." I stated chuckling. "Once I'm your age, I'll reject my mate so we'll be together." Nevel stated with a shrug.

"Whoa Nev." I exclaimed shocked. "What?"he asked confused. "Please do not mention rejecting your mate." I said. "Why?"he asked cocking his head to the side.

Alan looked like he was enjoying this. "Might I know what's so funny? "I asked glaring at him. "He's known me for days and he's already learning." Alan chuckled.

"That's not good. My dad would have a heart attack. We just left the pack and his son is thinking about rejection. I'm like so grounded. "I ranted. Alan just looked amused.

"Alright fine. Nevel you can't just reject your mate because I am." Alan stated. "Why not? If you're doing it. I will." Nevel said firmly.

"Sorry, Lani. I tried." Alan stated pulling out his phone. I glared at him. "Fix this." I growled. He rolled his eyes. "How about, we don't reject them immediately." Alan suggested.

Nevel thought about it before nodding. "Okay, we'll give them a chance." Nevel stated. "That's a smart boy. "Alan said giving Nevel a fist bump.

I so should have gone with Cole. I wonder how Shaun and Kelly are doing. With his girl charm, it should be great.

"I'm rooting for you, Shaun." I muttered under my breath as Nevel showed Alan something on his tablet.