010

Yunho

I paced around the room, feeling a headache coming on. We were being targeted, or maybe this was Seonghwa's idea? I couldn't have been sure.

Other than that one brief message from him, it had been radio silence since. I could send any group on a mission, and it would go without a hitch, but every time any of us went on one... we'd see the same familiar faces.

San was in a bitchier mood than usual, no doubt from the psychotic kids in the big four. Hongjoong really dropped the ball on that one. And Yeosang was the exact opposite, acting like he was walking on clouds, and I had no idea why.

He was glued to his phone, giggling and acting frivolous ever since that mission like he had a crush. And I definitely did not want to think about the fact that the only two not covered for during that mission were Yeosang and Jongho.

Seonghwa was enough of a lost cause because of his Reaper, I didn't need Yeosang falling into the same trap.

I knew that Jongho was the only one to rival San, and that was about it. He was brutal and handled himself well, but he mainly stayed to himself.

I knew Yeosang could handle himself, and I knew he wasn't a danger like San was but still...for the love of god....Choi Jongho? Really?

I stopped next to Yeosang's bedroom door, knocking on the open door lightly to get his attention. He broke out into a pleasant smile when he saw me standing there.

"Hey." I said, "Can I come in?" He hummed, moving on his bed to give me some room. "You know you can talk to me about anything right, even not work related things?"

He rolled his eyes, turning his phone off and putting it down. "We both know what this is about, don't we?"

"I won't judge you, Yeosang. Never."

He chewed on his bottom lip. "It was fun. More fun I've had on a mission in ages. Like I get that it's the Reapers-"

"Choi Jongho, really?"

"You said you wouldn't judge me!"

I let out a groan and plopped down on his bed, my hands covering my face. "You all are going to kill me, you know that? I'm trying to be understanding, but I feel like I'm losing control."

"I'm being careful. Plus, who knows? Maybe this is our way of getting Seonghwa back."

"San didn't put you up to this, did he?" I asked, finally looking at him. He looked happier than usual. What is it with the Reapers? Fucking plague is what they were.

"I am a grown adult, Yunho. I can do things without it being San's idea." His bottom lip jutted out in a pout.

"San is on edge."

"He's always on edge." He muttered, his tone becoming more sour. "He's trying his best, you know. I didn't think I'd have to tell you that."

"Is this what it's like to be Seonghwa? The stress and losing your friendships? When did I have to be so hard on him?" I missed this the most, just talking to them like they were my family, because they were. Did Seonghwa miss this, too? Is that why he chose to stay away? Because he hated this position so much?