CHAPTER 24- SWORN TO BE YOURS

First opened the door and saw khaotung who was trying his best to eavesdrop but failed miserably. As soon as first entered his cabin, Khao followed him there. “People who get hired by connection don't even know basic manners!!!” First taunted. Khao rolled his eyes and went out.

 Knock knock

Then entered after knocking who people with manners do. “Make fifty copies of this'' First handed a file to khaotung, khaotung murmured “how makes this many hard copies now?” First didn't bother to answer it but his lifted eyebrow and piercing look said it all. 

After twenty minutes khaotung returned, he was all sweaty as if ran a marathon. Khaotung forwarded his hands to handover the papers but First stopped by saying “ There was an error in that one. That's no use. Take this, it's the revised file.” Khaotung dropped the papers which were in his hands “seriously???? You know the printer in this floor is not working so I had to go all the way down to first floor to use the common printer… and above everything the staff lift is under maintenance…” Khaotung kept whining. “Why don't you just quit?” first spoke, his eyes fixed on his computer screen. Now khaotung know what First is upto and if First wants to play then khaotung won't hold back either. 

When it was noon First barely had time for lunch but khaotung insisted on getting lunch for First. Then first said he would make it “a foot long with Black Forest ham, American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, purple notion, Mayo, barbecue sauce with extra cheese and veggies” If khaotung could get it in 30 minutes. So Khaotung went to get it. He arrived after 27 minutes and handed food to First. He took a bite and said “ohhh it has onions.. I told you no onion” First was ready to fight with khaotung because he himself knew he was being unreasonable. But what khaotung did was unexpected. He had another package in his hand which he handed to first and said “oh! Sorry I gave you the wrong one, the one with onions is mine and this is yours, khunu” First ears popped out which were so red as it was burning. 

This went on for a week now First tried his best to push khaotung but surprisingly khaotung was pretty calm and dodged First's attacks successfully. It was Sunday evening and everyone was having dinner at First's parents' home like old times. Khaotung arrived with his parents, Mew and gulf was already there. Khaotung went straight to First's mom and hugged her and when he turned around he saw First was coming down stairs and noticed he didn't have his Crutches so worried khaotung ran towards First and held his hands. “FIRST!!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDDD” khaotung literally yelled at First which made everyone there wonder. First tried to shake his hands off from the other but khaotung held his loved ones hand tightly which made it impossible. 

“Khao what happened baby?” First's mom asked. “Maa look at him, he can't walk and he is coming down the stairs without his Crutches' ' Khaotung's voice was shaking. Before anyone could say anything khaotung continued “I know it's my fault you became like this and no matter how many times I apologize it won't solve anything. I know I'm selfish and planning to be one in the future to so I won't give up on you because you are my one and only, don't think im saying this out of guilt but out of love, firrfirr I love you and I can't live without you…”

First stood there like a statue who didn't know what to do his face was all red. And as for the others both mother's were crying out of happiness and father's stood with a proud smile and mew was smiling ear to ear but gulf looked like he was about to throw up. First slightly hit khaotung's head with his index finger and rushed out to cover his blushing face. Khaotung was shocked to see first run like that. 

“Can he walk? How.??” Khaotung uttered. “Because he is fine it was a minor injury” First mom replied. “Minor injury? For three years?” Khaotung had a lot of questions in his mind. “Three years? But he had that accident two months ago. What are you saying khaotung?” This time it was khaotung's dad who replied. “But p’ P..” Khaotung was saying something but Gulf decided to cut him off and said “what he was in a coma three years ago wasn't that enough??” When khaotung was about to say something, Gulf Interrupted again “aw… ww.. Wwwwaa WHAT? I can't talk to you anymore.your impossible…”

“Gulf!!!” His father almost gave him a heart attack and from the tone Gulf knew he was in trouble he looked at Mew for a helping hand but Mew's eyes were fixed on the ceiling. “paa I'm already married you can't treat me like five… you guys are staring at me like I have done some crime” Gulf tried to explain himself. “But you told me First can't walk anymore on his own due to the accident three years ago,” Khaotung added. Everyone's eyes fixed on Gulf he realized he didn't have a way out “I never said that. You misjudged my words and that's not my problem. I told you first can't walk without crutches because of his accident, I never said he won't be able to walk by his own in the future nor did I mention it was the accident before three years” 

Khaotung couldn't hold back his tears; he sat down on the floor holding his knees and cried. Gulf rushed to console khaotung as he knew he was too much, Mew followed him. Gulf kneeled down and put his hands on khaotung's shoulder to everyone's surprise khao pulled him in a hug. Khaotung wasn't angry or sad but he was happy that First is healthy and well and that moment nothing else mattered to him. After a dramatic night the sun rose to a new day. First was already in his car to leave for office as soon as he drove out of their gate Gulf stopped him. Gulf stood in the middle of the driveway and when he saw First stop his car he went to the driver's window where First was as he was driving. First rolled down his windshield but before he could ask anything Gulf said

 “I owe him this much” First was confused but then he heard someone open the passenger side door and sat on the front passenger seat beside First, khaotung. First before saying anything to khaotung he looked to the side where Gulf was but he was nowhere to be found. First tighten his grip on the steering wheel and took a deep breath. “You have someone to go back to then why are you doing all these?” First asked seriously. “Why don't I know about that? Where did you ever hear such nonsense?” Khaotung was clearly clueless. 

“Oct 26,2023 on IG you posted a picture of you with a man in blue shirt and brown pants with a girl in pink frock and a dog, and  you wrote in the caption ‘with boyfriend's family’..” After hearing what First had said khaotung couldn't hold back but laugh he then said “Firrfirr I thought you weren't the jealous type! And why did you jump into conclusions on your own? Listen, he is my therapist and that's his daughter and her dog named ‘boyfriend’ and let me tell you his wife was the one who took that picture”. Khaotung waa waiting for First's reply as now every misunderstanding was cleared but First didn't say anything he started the car and drove as fast as he could. He didn't even look at khaotung, not even for once. 

Upon reaching the destination, First went out and opened the door at khaotung's side. Khaotung was staring at his feet his head down he didn't look up “Firrfirr… please can't you give me another chance? Can't we start again as boyfriends?” Khaotung said with a pleading voice. “No” First's answer was fast khaotung's tears started falling. First then kneeled down at the ground to match their level since khao is still in the car. “I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore… so let's just get it registered” First said while cupping khaotung's face. 

Khaotung was in shock, registered??? He lifted his gaze and looked around. They were in front of the district office. That's when it hit khaotung's mind First asked him to register their marriage. He doesn't want to be boyfriend because he wants to be khaotung's husband. Khaotung just jumped on to first which caused them both to fall on the ground but it didn't matter at all khaotung kept hugging First laying on top of him. This is the happy ending he wanted all along. 

Authors Note

This chapter is a little longer than my usual but I hope you all enjoyed it.

Please comment, vote and support💜

AND....

I just want to let my readers know that I really love you... You guys have no idea how happy you make me... Thank you so much.