Chapter 2- Old Ally, Old Enemy

3rd POV (At Darkmount)

Megatron ordered Knockout and the Vehicons to retrieve the relics on Cybertron. They found someone else on Cybertron while searching for the relics; Shockwave. The one-optic Decepticon went onto Darkmount through the Space and bows before Megatron.

"Lord Megatron." Shockwave greets in a deep and cold voice.

"Shockwave! This is quite an unexpected turn. I thought you'd perished on Cybertron." Megatron assumed.

He gives Starscream a death glare. Starscream whimpers a bit as he holds out his clawed servos in defense.

"Yes, yes. As did we all." Starscream added nervously.

"Reports of my demise were greatly premature. A pair of Autobots infiltrated my facility on Cybertron, sabotaging my Space Bridge. I gave chase, but failed to accurately calculate the outcome. I awoke in the rubble, blinded. It soon became clear that I was marooned on our dead planet with no means of communication. In time, I repaired my wounds and resumed my experiments. The solitude enabled me to make tremendous advances in my research. Until one day, my instruments detected a massive surge of unidentifiable energy. I traveled to investigate its origin at the edge of the Sea of Rust, where I encountered your salvage team and the smoldering wreckage of the Omega Lock. But this was not the search party I had anticipated so long ago. Leaving one unanswered question. Why was I left for scrap, abandoned? Why?" Shockwave explained, then asked.

He gives Starscream a menacing expression. Starscream's body shakes in fear.

"The-the-the explosion, it-it collapsed the power-core chamber. The last thing anyone witnessed was you charging into the space-bridge portal. No one saw you come back out!" Starscream pointed out.

"I find your reply to be....logical." said Shockwave. Starscream sighs in relief. Megatron and Shockwave start to walk away.

"But you will be pleased to know that I avenged your seeming demise by personally terminating the Autobot, Cliffjumper." Starscream chuckled

"Blowhard." Shadowblade scoffed under his breath.

"Careful, Starscream. You may dislocate a landing gear patting yourself on the back." Knockout warned sarcastically.

Starscream, Knockout, Shadowblade, and Soundwave follow Shockwave and Megatron towards the door.

"As Megatron's first Lieutenant, allow me to welcome you back to the winning team." Starscream offered.

"And allow me to clarify the new chain of command. While Starscream will retain authority over military operations, Shockwave will be my first Lieutenant in charge of all...scientific endeavors." Megatron explained.

"Uh, so you are saying we shall each report directly to you?" Starscream asked.

"Affirmative." Megatron confirmed.

He, Shockwave, Soundwave, Knockout, and Shadowblade walk out of the control room. Starscream is left in there.

"Completely logical, my liege." Starscream growled.

In Nebraska, Arcee drives through a field with Jack riding her.

"Hey, you hungry? There's a town up ahead." Arcee tells Jack.

"I'd better not. I'm running low on cash." Jack pointed out.

"At least you don't have to buy gasoline. I'm pulling over anyway. Need to stretch my legs." Arcee stated.

She drives towards a deserted farmhouse. Jack gets off of her. Arcee transforms back into her robot form and starts to stretch her body. The blue Femme moaned as her cables starts to relax. She walks over to Jack, who's looking at the sunset.