Chapter 12- Synthesis

3rd POV (Outside of Hanger E)

After Ratchet has been captured by the Decepticons, the Autobots and their human friends come up with a plan to find him. After finding the location of their new Base, Starscream and the Vehicons went there to destroy it. Thanks to the Autobots quick thinking, Starscream destroyed the wrong Base. Wheeljack and Raf created a drone with Laserbeak's transponder. Right now, Wheeljack, Bulkhead, Smokescreen, Bumblebee, Arcee, Periwinkle, Ultra Magnus, Raf, Miko, Jack, Lydia, and Fowler are outside Hanger E, preparing to launch Raf's drone.

"You sure we don't need to install a GPS on our scout here?" Fowler asked.

"Too risky. Both sides are getting real good at rooting out that kind of trick." Wheeljack points out.

"Besides, we don't need a tracker..." Smokescreen stated.

"We have Optimus." Raf finished. Optimus walks up to them.

"But won't the 'Cons see you coming, Big guy?" Miko asked.

"Not until it's too late." Bulkhead replied.

"We'll be prepared for immediate mobilization upon your command, sir." said Ultra Magnus.

"Good luck, Optimus." said Smokescreen.

"Be safe." said Arcee.

"We believe in you." said Periwinkle.

Bumblebee beeps at Optimus.

"Whatever the outcome, know that Ratchet would be most proud of your contribution." Optimus says to Raf, who smiled.

Wheeljack kneels down to the brunette boy's level.

"Come on, kid. Let's light this thing." said Wheeljack.

Raf nods at the fiery Wrecker before pressing a button on the remote control, activating the drone. The drone starts to fly into the sky. Optimus activates his jetpack and flies after it. At the Decepticon warship, Ratchet is pouring yellow liquid into a container. He turns to Knockout.

"Fetch me the Quantum-cyber measure." Ratchet instructed.

"Hmm. Do I look like hired help to you, Autobot?" Knockout scoffed.

"Knockout, attend to the needs of our esteemed guest." Shockwave ordered.

"As you command." Knockout complied reluctantly.

He goes to get the Quantum-cyber measure. Shockwave puts a piece of cyber matter in front of Ratchet.

"So, we know this cyber matter to be produced by an atypical molecular displacement reaction." said Ratchet.

"Extensive empirical evidence indicates the fundamental instability within the Synth-En formulation to be the cause." Shockwave stated.

"Double-blind analysis?" Ratchet asked.

"Naturally. The results only confirmed my original hypothesis. Once the erroneous variable has been corrected for, the stabilized synthetic material will bind properly with cybernucleic acid. And produce a stable form of cyber matter." Shockwave explained.

"And produce a stable form of cyber matter.
Remarkable." Ratchet noted.

"Yes. Quite an act of providence." said Shockwave.

"And to think that had we not let you destroy the beasts, none of this would be possible." Knockout sneered.

He holds the Quantum-cyber measure. Ratchet snatches it from his clawed servo.

"Let?" Ratchet asked.

"Uh, what I meant to say was...those specimens you requested earlier aren't going to prepare themselves, are they?" said Knockout.