Chapter 56

Heaven POV

"Come on Heav, one more big push and the head is out." I heard. I was so out of breath. "Come on baby, you got this." I heard Caution. He looked down to see what was happening. "Oh hell." He said and fell down to the floor. "Boy get yo ass up!" My aunt says and he popped up, making me laugh at his foolishness. "Stop making me laugh!" I said and gave one more big push. "I always wanted to know why niggas fainted." He smiled. I looked at him and just wanted to laugh but I was focused on getting my baby out.

It was funny because during this whole time I was in labor, him and I have been having some many conversations like I wasn't pushing. And honestly, that had took my mind off the pain.

Once I heard crying, I laid back onto the bed. "You did it baby." I heard Caution before he kissed my head. "Okay. Let's get one more big push." Dr. Walden says and I looked at her confused. "I'm not having twins."

I woke up, rubbing my stomach and sighed. The past few days I've been having the same exact dream and I always wake up at the same part. "Same dream?" I looked at my door and saw my uncle standing there. "Yeah." He walked closer to me and handed me a cup of crushed ice. "Thanks. How's Lai?" I asked him. "She was feeling horrible the last I talked to her. I was going to go over there once you woke up." "Oh okay. Don't let me stop you." He helped me out of bed and I gave him a hug. "I'll be back later to take you to the court house." He says. "Thanks unc." I kissed his cheek.

I woke up to someone rubbing my stomach and noticed I was in the hospital. Looking down, my eyes meet the person who was rubbing my stomach. "Mommy?" I said in disbelief. "Yeah it's me." She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. "Did my water break?" I asked her. "No baby, you're dreaming." She cooed over my face. "Oh." I said disappointed.

"Don't be sad baby. I came here on my own. I wanted you to get some closure." She says. "Closure with what?" I asked. "Closure from me. I also wanted you to know that I love you and I'm very proud of you." She kissed my cheek and walked back from the bed. "Wait mommy." I said and she came back. "You're not mad that I'm in the same position that you were in?" I asked her while playing with my fingers.

"Baby of course not. You're in love and I admire that. I don't care who the father of your child is or what he does for a living. You two are in love with each other. And looking down at him, I know he'll protect you. Trust me baby, you two are going to make it. Whether it's with or without each other, which is up to the two of you." "Mommy I miss you." I cried. "I know baby I miss you too. But I'm always here no matter what. If you wanna talk, I'm just a word away. I promise you that." I smiled through the tears.

"How's daddy?" I asked her. She looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "What? He's not there with you?" She shook her head no. "Do you know where he is? He's not in Hell is he? Mommy I know what he was doing was bad but he loved God and not the Devil." I cried harder. "Baby calm down. He's not in Hell, but he's going through a bad position right now." She tells me. "Can't you help him?" I asked her. "I'm trying baby. I'm trying." She wiped her cheek as a tear fell.

"Baby I gotta go, I've exceeded my time. But when I know you need to hear me, I'll meet you somewhere in your dreams." She smiled before wiping my face and kissing my cheek. "Love you." I told her. "I love you so much more baby. Oh and make sure you apologize to your aunt, you hurt her pretty bad." She said before she faded away.

*

"Carter, where are you doing here? You're on leave." Judge Abel says when I walked into her chamber. "I know." "Please sit." She got up and helped me into the chair before going back to sit behind her desk. "Um I kind of need a favor." I told him.

"A favor? What's this 'favor'?" She air quoted. "Well I was wondering if you'll let my child's father be there for the birth." I said and she laughed. "What?" I asked her getting annoyed. "You think that I'm going to let a prisoner out when they shouldn't be?" She continued to cackle. "I mean it's either that or I can tell the world that you didn't give the father of my child a fair trail because you were sleeping with the prosecutor who was at the time married." I smirked when her laughing seized.

"Are you blackmailing a judge?" She questioned. "No ma'am. I'm just simply asking for one last favor." I smiled as she looked defeated.

*
I sat on the couch next to my aunt without saying anything. "Hey. You okay?" I looked at my uncle who was giving me that look. I kicked my flip flops off and laid my head in her lap and brought my feet up to lay on the couch. "What's wrong?" She asked as she ran her hand through my hair.

"I never apologized to you for what I said at the hospital. You come across like you're fine but I know you're not. I know I really hurt your feelings for saying what I said. And I'm really sorry. You are like a second mom to me I was just upset and I couldn't really control what as coming out of my mouth. So yeah. I'm sorry." I spoke without looking at her. "Heav it's okay. I should've just minded my business." She says and I sighed. "Okay. Can you help me up?" I asked her. "Yeah." I sat up and she helped me up.

"That toilet doesn't work." She says and I walked toward the bathroom. "So which bathroom can I use?" I asked. "Any one up stairs." She said and I huffed. I tired of waking up stairs. I fine with going down, but waking up was pretty exhausting especially at the house.