Chapter 2

Thank you all that commented and/or voted. I really appreciate it!

Heaven POV

I had a dream about the guy from the club last night, which is weird. I can't tell you the last time I dreamt about any man. Sometimes i dream of having a little boy but the man never comes in the picture. But you know what they say, sometimes when you're dreaming about someone, they're doing the same with you. I never was proven this myself, but it's a saying.

He was no less than 6'2, built like he hits the gym a lot, was a nice light chocolate almost caramel color with dreads. I liked how the white tee had fitted on him and also the way it made his tats on his arms stick out. But he's not my type, that's what I don't understand about my dream. I liked the business type man. He looked like a thug and I don't want to put myself in that predicament, as for what happened to my father.

"Come in." I answered to the knock on my office door. "Morning Carter, there's a meeting in board room 2 in about 20 minutes." Glenn, a co-worker, tells me. "Ok. Thanks." I returned a smile as he walked out closing my office door.

A lot of the workers here offices are glassed unlike mine. That's one of the good thing about having an internship here. I get better treatment. Hehe.

"Carter, how are you with the Jackson case?" My boss, Kevin, asks. "Nothing major has happened. So it's just another client honestly. I don't even know who the guy is. Never been in my office." I answered. "I understand. Any trouble with anything?" He asked. "No sir." I answered sitting back in the office chair. He gave a small smile before acknowledging someone else.

"Hey." I greeted Lai's mom who was in the kitchen. "Hey baby. Staying for dinner?" She questioned. "Sure I can." I kissed her cheek. "Great. It feels like forever since I've seen you." She says. "I haven't be that long." "Hands off the wifey." James, Lai's father, pushed me hard knowing he rough. "You play too much Unc. Acting like you not twice my age." I pushed him back. Aunt Luz and Uncle James were the ONLY people I call Aunt and Uncle. We just have this special connection ever since I was born.

"Baby, I'll be back." I watched as he wrapped his arms around Luz. These two act as if they just gotten married. I want a marriage like them. They've been married for over 20 years and still wrapped onto each other. "Bye." She says and he sighed making my lightly chuckle. "Shut up Heaven." He growled. I held my arms up in surrender backing out of the kitchen, but was louder with my laugh.

"Here's your desert baby girl." My eyes lighten as I saw the full cake she place in front of me, on our 'dinner date' since it was only the two of us. "It's your favorite." I smiled hugging her. "Thanks Auntie." Her famous Strawberry Cake with Chocolate icing. "Welcome. How was yesterday?" I knew she wanted to ask if I did anything for my birthday? "It was ok. Better than previous years. Lai bugged me about not going out on my birthday to celebrate in 7 years so we went to this club opening." I told her as she put the cover on top of my cake. "That's excellent. Glad you went out to celebrate and not invite me." I laughed.

"I wasn't planning on doing so." I shrugged. "I know. I'm just messing with you. I'm happy Lai did that. I'm tired to see you mope on your birthday. I understand how you feel about everything that happened in the past. But baby you need to think about yourself now. It's the time to be thinking about settling down and having kids." This was true. "I'm not really to settle down just yet. Heck, I need a boyfriend first and there's no good men now-a-days." I sighed.

"Heaven, all you have to have is hope." She placed a reassuring pat on my shoulder. "I know. Thanks for dinner and my cake. Since tomorrow's Saturday, I was thinking about going to visit them so I took tomorrow off." I fidgeting with my fingers. "You're a grown woman. You don't need my permission to go visit your family." I answered with an ok before getting up from the dinner table.