Chapter 39

Heaven POV

"Caution and my brother fought before?" I questioned after Harvey left. "Uh yeah." Josh answers. "When was this? Why?" I asked. "You gon have to ask C." I nodded, understanding it's not his place to tell.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked Laila who was sitting standing in my bedroom door. "Fine." She shrugs. "I told her." Josh says. "Why?" She scoffed with an attitude. "Because she's your best friend." Josh says in a duh-like tone. "It's none of her business." "Come on, why you talking like that towards her?" She shrugged.

"I'm not gonna judge you Lai, you know that." I told her. "I know." She mumbled. "I wanna help you. You know this." She nodded and looked down. "I can take you to my gynecologist so you can know the do's and don'ts and carry a healt-" she had cut me off. "You don't need to." She says. "What you mean?" I asked. "Well if she do abortions, then-" Josh had cut her off.

"I'll be damned if you thinking about aborting my child!" He snapped. "That's the thing! I don't know who's child I'm carrying!" She yelled back. "And I do not care. There is a 50% chance that you are carrying my child and are not going to kill my seed." He says angrily. "It's my body!" She yelled and he made his way over to her.

When he did, he pushed her back into my door making it fling back into my room, while grabbing her forcefully by her chin, putting his face all into hers.

"I dare yo ass to say some selfish shit like that again. You staying pregnant because you can be carrying my child. I don't even care if it ain't mine cause ima be there so he or she can have a father figure to look up at. But if I hear shit about you looking for someone to give you an abortion or if I notice that yo stomach ain't growing, you gon regret it." He spat coldly to her then pushed her which made her hit the door again and then fall down since he had released her.

He came back into the living room, grabbed his keys and walked out my house, slamming the door. He slammed it so hard that it broke into a million pieces. I forgot about the door, although I was mad as hell, and went to go comfort Laila who was boo hoo crying.

"Sshh. We gon get through this. Together."

*
After Laila collected herself, I begin packing me some clothes for work tomorrow.

"I found this in the garage." Lai says. "That's fine." I got the tape from out the kitchen and she helped me tape the cardboard along the wooden part of what used to be my door.

"I'm sorry about your door." She says. "It's fine. I rather him break my door than for him to hit you." I said although he did touch her roughly.

When we were done, I grabbed my duffle bag, and the things I was going to need for work, and put it in my car and told Lai I would be back. I walked on the stone tile that's on the grass between my neighbor and I's house to go over there.

"Heaven, how you've been?" My neighbor, Robert, asked me. "I've been good,thanks for asking." I smiled. "Would you like to come in?" He offered. "Um no thanks. I just need a favor." "Sure, what is it?" He asks. "Well, a friend of mine just stormed out of my house and he slammed the door, causing it to shatter. I put up some cardboard for the night while I go and stay at my boyfriend's house. Well, I was wondering if you can watch over my house?" I questioned. "Yeah sure, no problem." He says and I smiled again. "Great, thanks." "You're welcome."

I dropped Laila off and headed to Caution's 2nd house. I didn't ask if I could be here, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I used the key from when Joanna left, which I didn't like forcing her to left, and opened the door. Just as I settled in, my phone hung.

"Hello?" I smiled when I noticed the number.
"Sup Angel what you up to?" He says.
"Um. Well I am currently in your bed with one of your t-shirts on." I told him and he laughed.
"Damn Angel, you miss me that much?" He teased.
"I do miss you, but that's not the only reason why I'm here." I told him.
"Oh yeah, well fill me in." He says.
"Well, Josh and Laila got into a heated conversion at my house and Josh stormed out, slamming my door and it broke."
"What? Did he at least apologize or say that he was going to have it fixed by tomorrow?" He asked angrily.
"No, but baby don't worry about it. I'll be fine and I'm okay with him. He was just in his feelings." I took up for him.
"In his feelings about what?"
"It's not my place to tell." I shrugged.
"Mhm. Okay."
"How are you?" I changed the subject.
"I'm fine, but Hazard's not." He says and I laughed.
"What's wrong?"
"He's missing your touch."
"Mm, I'm missing him too." I moaned VERY lowly, but he had still heard me and chuckled.
"Damn baby, you don't need to be doing that." He groaned and I giggled.
"Sorry."
"You coming down here tomorrow?" He asks.
"Ugh no. Glenn is going alone tomorrow while I go and try to change the judge's mind and let you get out on bail." I tell him and he sucked his teeth.
"She already said no bail." He grumbled.
"Yeah I know, but she changed her mind a few times before, it would hurt to try again for you."
"I guess. But want if she doesn't?"
"You're just going to have to stay in there until they assign you a date." I said sadly and he huffed.
"My birthday is coming up soon." He says.
"Yeah I know."
"You gon give me some when you come if I'm still in here?" He asked and I burst out laughing.
"What? No! Why people keep saying that? That's disgusting." I say.
"What, you think I don't wash my dick good in here?" He asked and I knew he had a mug look on his face.
"No I do not." I confess.
"Well too bad. You better wear a skirt or sum shit, cause ima beat that-" I cut him off.
"You don't have to say it!!" I screamed and he chuckled.
"Ight. Well I need you to do two things before I gotta hang up."
"What?"
"Put some more money on this phone."
"You mean to tell me that you already used up a thousand minutes?" I questioned.
"Duh! I talk to you and my sister everyday. Not alone the other peoples I may contact." He says and I shook my head.
"Already, what's the other thing?"
"Change my locks to the second house. Cause I know that Jo prolly got that key copied or sum shit before giving it to you." He says.
"Okay." I agreed.
"Iight thanks."
"You're welcome." I said and it got quiet between us.
"I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow?" He says, breaking the awkward silence we had just shared.
"Yeah. Bye."
"Bye Angel."

"I love you." I whispered after we hung up.

Awe Heav just confessed to herself that she loves him! 😍
The first step was showing, now it's knowing, all she gotta do is tell him. Lol