Nora Grace

"Though she be but little, she is fierce

"Though she be but little, she is fierce." - William Shakespeare

Playlist- Into you by Ariana Grande

Daddy! Daddy! She screamed.

They were outside a 5 star resturaunt in a posh area in Houstan, Texas.

The world seemed to blur around Nora as she struggled to make sense of the nightmare unfolding before her eyes. Her father, her protector, lay motionless in a pool of his own blood. His life slipping away with each passing second.

It was her father's birthday who was a Rtd General in US army.
She came to the resturaunt to celebrate her father's birthday with him. He was her only one.

Every fiber of her being screamed in denial, refusing to accept the harsh reality of his death. She clung to him desperately, willing him to wake up, to hold her one last time and to say to her that everything will be fine.

But there was no response, no comforting words to ease her pain, only a distant wail of sirens and flashing lights served as a cruel reminder of the tragedy that had beffalen them.

She knew someday it was going to happen and she always dreaded that day and that horrible day had finally arrived which was today.

When she and her father were existing the resturaunt the enemy was waiting for them. Her father was shot in the chest.

Wake up daddy! Wake up please. Don't you die on me please. She screamed in agony.
Her blood curdling screams reaching the sky.

Ambulance and paramedics had arrived checking for pulse.
As the paramedics worked frantically to save her father's life Nora's world spiraled into darkness. The weight of grief and loss threatened to engulf her, dragging her down into the abyss of dispair from which she feared she would never emerge.

She was sitting on the road holding him in her arms screaming for him to get up.

The medics tried to put her fathers body on a stretcher but she won't let them touch him but screamed and yelled at them instead.

Finally they were able to move him.

She stood up but she was unable to maintain her balance.
Darkness surrounded her as she tried to walk. Dread took her away.
Her head started to spin and she collapsed on the ground.

●●●●●●●

As Nora slowly regained consciousness, the weight of her loss crashed down upon her like a tidal wave, threatening to drown her in despair. The earth had already moved from her feet.
Her father, the dearest to her heart, her mentor, her rock, was gone, leaving behind an unfillable void in her heart.