Knowing him

When you are going to get hurt then you'll know,
When your heart lives in grief then you'll confess,
Then I will shatter you facade like glass,
I will show you what betrayal is.

Ghost glanced towards the mansion who looked so small from the helicopter. But when the helicopder touched the helipad it was massive beyond his imagination.

Ghost climed down and efortlessly took out all the suitcases and his weapon crate putting the crate on a side of the roof while Nora climbed down the helicopter.

"Quite the estate," Ghost remarked, his gaze lingering on the grandeur of the mansion.

Nora stepped onto the helipad, feeling the weight of the moment. "It's been my home for as long as I can remember," she said softly, taking in the familiar sight.

Ghost nodded, his expression unreadable behind his mask, as he efficiently unloaded their belongings.

As the elevator descended, Nora stole glances at Ghost, noticing the way his demeanor shifted slightly. She couldn't help but feel a twinge of curiosity about what lay behind his inscrutable mask.

The lift doors opened and Nora led the way down the hallway, her steps echoing softly on the polished marble floors. The grandeur of her mansion surrounded them, its opulence a stark contrast to the tense atmosphere between her and Ghost. She paused at the end of the corridor, gesturing towards the room that would be his temporary sanctuary.

"This room has stairs connected to the roof and also to the ground floor. It will be useful for you, just in case," she explained, her voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty. Ghost followed her silently, his eyes scanning the room as they entered.

The spacious chamber was adorned with elegant furnishings, a blend of modern comfort and classic luxury. The subdued lighting cast a warm glow, illuminating the rich textures of the décor. As Ghost took in his surroundings, Nora couldn't shake the feeling of tension that hung in the air between them.

Their silent exchange spoke volumes, each one grappling with their own thoughts and emotions. Nora's heart raced with a mixture of apprehension and curiosity, unsure of what the future held with Ghost by her side.

"I am gonna go get fresh up. My room is the first one beside the elevator just knock if you need anything. Make yourself at home Lieutenant." Nora said.
Ghost nodded and she closed the door behind her making her way to the bedroom.

Nora disappeared into her room, leaving Ghost standing in the doorway of his new quarters. The air felt heavy with unspoken words, lingering between them like a silent barrier. With a nod of acknowledgment, Ghost watched as Nora closed the door behind her, the soft click echoing in the stillness of the hallway.

Alone in the expansive room, Ghost took a moment to absorb his surroundings. The lavish décor and intricate details spoke of wealth and refinement, a stark contrast to the stark simplicity of military life he was accustomed to. Despite the opulence, he couldn't shake the feeling of being out of place, a solitary figure in a world far removed from his own.

As Nora's footsteps faded down the corridor, Ghost exhaled slowly, the weight of their shared silence pressing down on him. He knew he had a job to do, a duty to protect Nora at all costs, but the unfamiliarity of his surroundings left him feeling unsettled.

Nora emerged from the shower, the warm water still clinging to her skin, She wrapped herself in a plush towel, the fabric cocooning her delicate frame as she moved with grace and poise. With a flick of her wrist, she draped the towel over her shoulders and made her way to the wardrobe, her silhouette casting shadows against the opulent backdrop of her bedroom.