With You

I peek up at his features, at the crooked grin I want to savor, at the colour in his eyes i'd use to paint a million pictures."

•~ Tahereh Mafi ~•

Nora stood on the bedroom balcony at night, the cool breeze caressing her face as her hair swayed gently. The expansive garden lay before her, alive with the chirping of crickets and the rustling of trees in the breeze.

In the distance, she spotted Ghost walking amidst the garden. He was clad in a royal blue tactical suit, his night vision helmet gleaming in the darkness as he kept watch. Their eyes met briefly, a silent exchange passing between them.

"You haven't slept, Lieutenant," Nora called out softly to him.

"I am keeping watch," he replied tersely before sliding the night vision goggles over his eyes and resuming his patrol.

It was clear that he wasn't interested in engaging in conversation, leaving Nora alone with her thoughts on the balcony.

Nora returned inside and settled into bed, the events of the evening swirling in her mind. Despite the lingering thoughts of Ghost and his mysterious demeanor, exhaustion soon overtook her, and she drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

In the soft morning light, Nora woke up and stretched, throwing off her blankets. She drew back the curtains and looked out at her garden, already bustling with life. Nearby, her half-finished painting waited patiently on its easel, a testament to her artistic passion.

After a refreshing shower, Nora emerged from the bathroom, her damp hair cascading in loose waves around her shoulders. She slipped into a pair of comfortable blue jeans and a sleek black silk dress shirt, the epitome of casual elegance. With a half-hearted tuck of the shirt into her jeans and a slip into simple black slippers, she felt ready to face the day.

Descending the staircase with effortless grace, Nora's footsteps echoed softly against the polished marble floors. The tantalizing aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted her as she entered the kitchen, where her lady chef was already hard at work preparing breakfast."Good morning," Nora greeted her with a warm smile, settling onto the counter with a contented sigh.

With a sigh, she took a sip of her coffee, the warmth spreading through her veins like a comforting embrace. Despite the solitude that surrounded her, Nora found solace in the quietude of the morning.

As she sipped, Nora couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation, wondering if today would be the day she finally cross paths with Ghost and engage him in talking more and open to her a little.

"I shall try my best," Nora murmured to herself as she contemplated the day ahead.

"Sorry! Ma'am, did you say something?" Her lady chef inquired.

"No, it wasn't meant for you," Nora replied with a gentle smile. "Did you send the Lieutenant's breakfast to his room?" she asked.

"No, Ma'am," the chef responded.

"Okay, give it to me. I'll bring it to him," Nora said, taking charge of the situation.

"Sure, Ma'am," the chef replied obediently.

Nora stood outside Ghost's room, the breakfast tray in her hands, and knocked gently.