[Closed] July 3, 2015 - Coffee Shop AU Contest

Wattpad is taking over San Diego Comic Con! Next week, we'll be at SDCC sponsoring some cool fannish events, like #WaywardCocktails, GeeksGoGlam and SherlockeDCC. Will you be there?

What Do I Write About?

To celebrate Wattpad's San Diego Comic Con panel "Fandom is My Fandom: We All Live in A Coffeeshop AU," we're challenging Wattpadders to write their very own coffee shop alternate universe starring their favorite ship (squee!). Stories can be multiple parts, but no more than 7,000 words. All fandoms are welcome.

What is a Coffeeshop AU? 

Coffeeshop or Barista AU is a fanfiction story set in the alternate universe of a coffee shop. In many stories, one of the main characters of your ship is the barista and the other is or becomes their favorite customer; in some stories the whole cast works at a coffee shop. For example, if Harry Styles worked at Starbucks and Louis Tomlinson was his favorite customer that came in every day. What if Dean and Sam owned a coffee shop and Cas worked at the bakery down the street? You can write about any fandom as long as the story takes places in a coffee shop setting. The opportunities are endless.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "coffeeshopau". The deadline for submissions is Thursday July 16th at 11:59 PM EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom or pairing you're writing about in brackets. You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday July 3rd, and ending Thursday July 16th at 11:59 PM EST. The Wattpad Team will choose seven (7) winners, and we will announce them on July 24th.

Prizes

To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Coffee Shop AU Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile, have their story added to an appropriately-themed reading list, and be mentioned on our Fanfic Twitter channel. 

As an added bonus, we'll be giving away some of our custom SDCC swag to one grand prize winner, including an exclusive fanfic-themed Cards Against Humanity deck, a Wattpad Fandoms t-shirt, and a collection of Sherlock, Supernatural, and SDCC-themed pins!