[CLOSED] #Dōjinshi contest

Welcome to the first #Dōjinshi contest.

This contest is brought to you by AmbassadorsJP in collaboration with Fanfic

Dōjinshi (同人誌, often transliterated doujinshi) is the Japanese term for self-published works, usually magazines, manga or novels. Dōjinshi are often the work of amateurs, though some professional artists participate as a way to publish material outside the regular industry. Dōjinshi are part of a wider category of dōjin including art collections, anime, and games. Groups of dōjinshi artists refer to themselves as a sākuru (サークル, circle). (source: Wikipedia)

Before we dive into the details of this contest here's a brief history of dōjinsh.

Like their mainstream counterparts, dōjinshi are published in a variety of genres and types. However, due to the target audience, certain themes are more prevalent, and there are a few major division points by which the publications can be classified. It can be broadly divided into original works and aniparo—works which parody existing anime and manga franchises.

As in fanfics, a very popular theme to explore is non-canonical pairings of characters in a given show (for dōjinshi based on mainstream publications). Many such publications contain yaoi or yuri (hentai involving two or more males resp. females) motives, either as a part of non-canon pairings or as a more direct statement of what can be hinted by the main show.

Now, on to the good stuff...

**********

What we want you to write about:

You're sitting down watching your favorite anime or reading your favorite manga or light novels when you decided to go about writing or drawing your own original character with your rendition of one of the listed anime/manga/light novels listed in our list below. You start by jotting down ideas, whether it be changing their gender, their reality, their timelines or even their universe.

To clarify, you are allowed to use:

AR - Alternate realities

AU - Alternate universes

OC - Original characters

Please note that the fandom must still be recognizable, so even though you change certain things we advise you retain some canon material in your story.

**********

Examples of fairy tail dōjinsh:

Natsu goes on a mission to take out Bandit's and die and gets reborn as a girl.

Lucy's gets kicked out of fairy tail goes to a different dimension and finds out she is a Queen of Dragons.

Wendy finds out that Natsu is her brother.

And the many ships and OTP (one's true pairing) of all of Fairy Tail characters in any combination.

We would love to see what your own original character with your Renditions of your favorite anime, light novels and manga is.

**********

Lists of anime/manga/light novels you may use for this contest: (This list was compiled from an anonymous poll done on AmbassadorsJP)