[Closed] January 21, 2016 - Perfect Storm Contest

Happy 2016, Wattpadders! We hope you all had a restful holiday, and are excited for what this year has in store. We resolve to read more fic (if that's even possible). With the arrival of the new year brings a new batch of fanfic contests, of course! 

What Do I Write About?

We're asking Wattpadders to write a "Perfect Storm" of a story. What frightful weather has your favorite fictional characters stuck inside? Whether the snow is falling heavily, the rain won't let up, or the power's completely out, give us your wildest scenarios for a night in.

All fandoms are welcome. Stories should be no longer than 5,000 words.

Note: feel free to interpret this prompt as loosely as you like.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a new story (not part of an existing story) and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "perfectstorm." The deadline for submissions is Thursday January 28th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [Sherlock]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for one week, starting today, Friday January 22nd and ending Thursday January 28th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Friday February 5th. To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Perfect Storm Contest will receive a shout out from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels. 

Happy writing!