[Closed] July 25, 2014 - Comic-Con Contest

To celebrate the largest comic and pop culture convention of its kind, Wattpad is hosting a Fanfiction contest centered around San Diego Comic-Con 2014.

What Do I Write About?

Since the theme of this contest is Comic-Con, we are asking Wattpadders to write a 1000-word story based on a Comic-Con fandom (no Real Person Fic). Fandoms may include Marvel, DC Comics, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, as well as Anime/Manga.

The following writing prompt must be the basis of your story:

_______________ and ______________ walk into a bar.

You do not have to include this exact phrase; rather, use it to inform or set the scene for your story. Aim to use canon characters from the fandom rather than OCs (Original Characters).

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy (G, PG, or PG-13).

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday". The deadline for submissions is Thursday July 31st at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [The Vampire Diaries]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for one week, starting today, Friday July 25th and ending Thursday July 31st at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose seven (7) of our favorite stories, and we will announce the winners on Friday August 8th.

To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Comic-Con Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile, have their story added to a Comic-Con 2014 or other fandom-specific reading list, and be mentioned on our social media channels.

Happy writing!

This contest is now closed. Stay tuned for more writing challenges! Check out the winners, here.