[Closed] December 4th 2015 - Yuletide (Holiday) Contest

What is Yuletide?

Yuletide is an "annual rare-fandoms gift exchange fanfic challenge, encompassing gen, het, femslash, and slash," a fandom event that takes place around the holiday season.

We were so inspired by the event that we thought we'd do our own version of this blessed fic exchange tradition here on Wattpad.

What Do I Write About?

Since it's the most wonderful time of the year, we're asking Wattpadders to write a fanfic based around the holidays - Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other winter festivity you celebrate! All fandoms are welcome. Stories must be a minimum of 1,000 words but no more than 10,000 words.

Any Wattpadder can comment on this story with their "fic wish list". By this we mean write a prompt for a fanfic you want - nay, need - to read and think would make your holiday extra special.  So even if you aren't entering the contest, you can still participate by requesting a holiday fanfiction story about the fandom of your choice. Here are some "fic wish lists" from the Wattpad Fanfic team:

John gets Sherlock an ugly Christmas sweater and forces him to wear it.

Dean hides an Elf On The Shelf around the bunker but it turns out to be a secret demon. Cas and Sam come help save Christmas.

Draco finds himself stuck  at the Weasley's house for Christmas so they make Draco an honorary Weasley for the day.

Any writer can then write their story based on one of the prompts and give the gift of fanfic to the Wattpadder who asked for it through the dedication feature or @ mention a Wattpadder within your story.

Please note: you do not have to use ideas from the fic wish lists if you've already got one in mind. But it'll be super cute and fun and make someone's day...

 But it'll be super cute and fun and make someone's day

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible. This includes formatting: please put spaces between your paragraphs.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "yuletide." The deadline for submissions is Thursday December 17th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom or pairing you're writing about in brackets (i.e., [Sherlock]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday December 4th and ending Thursday December 17th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Christmas Day. To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Yuletide Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels. We'll also send you a gift from Wattpad, including a Wattpad t-shirt and stickers.

Happy writing and Happy Holidays!