[Closed] March 11, 2016 - Big Change Contest

What Do I Write About?

Life happens, and when it does, change is usually inevitable. It can be difficult, but ultimately can make us better. It can hit you at any time, any place, for any reason. This week, we're calling all fanfic writers to give us a moment of big change in the life of their OTP. What happens? Is it a change of heart, a change of mind, or a change in circumstance, like a new job, a move, or a loss? Does it shake their relationship or make it stronger?

All fandoms are welcome. Stories should be no longer than 8,000 words.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible. Format your story using spaces between new paragraphs.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

With Wattpad's new multimedia feature, you might consider adding media to enhance your storytelling. Have fun with it, and don't forget to tag your story with #multimedia if you do choose to use it!

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a new story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "bigchange". The deadline for submissions is Thursday March 24th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom or pairing you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [Clexa]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday March 11th and ending Thursday March 24th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Friday April 1st. To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Big Change Contest will receive a shout out from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels. 

Happy writing, Wattpadders!