[Closed] April 29, 2016 - #CurtainCall

What Do I Write About?

The play's the thing, and it's time to get back to the theatre! Dust off your costumes, make sure those spotlights are working, and calm those butterflies! Ever imagine your OTP singing and dancing in a high school setting like in Grease? Or that their secret ambition is Cell Block Tango with the dirty criminals in Chicago? Maybe you just want to set them up on date night with a classic like West Side Story? How is your OTP involved with the newest production coming to town? Are they the underdogs who get a starring role despite all odds? Are they part of the stage crew dealing with all the offstage drama and onstage antics? Or are they in the audience with stars in their eyes? 

We're calling all you closeted (or not closeted) theatre junkies to strut your stuff in this new contest and write us a fanfic that takes place in the theatre. All fandoms are welcome. Stories should be no longer than 8000 words.

Things to Consider• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible

Things to Consider
• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible. Format your story using spaces between new paragraphs.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

With Wattpad's new multimedia feature, you might consider adding media to enhance your storytelling. Have fun with it, and don't forget to tag your story with #multimedia if you do choose to use it!

Submission
To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a new story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "curtaincall". The deadline for submissions is Thursday May 12th 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom or pairing you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [Larry Stylinson]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges
The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday April 29th and ending Thursday May 12th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Friday May 20th. To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the #CurtainCall Contest will receive a shout out from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels.

Happy writing, Wattpadders!