[Closed] November 6, 2015 - Thanksgiving Contest

What Do I Write About?

The fall season is upon us and it's time to feast! But we're not just talking about the turkey. We're asking Wattpadders to write a fanfic based around Thanksgiving (or, if you're unfamiliar with Thanksgiving, the most awkward family dinner you can imagine). What happens when your fave fictional characters share a holiday meal together? What are your fave celebs thankful for? All fandoms are welcome. Stories should be no more than 3,000 words. Get creative and have fun with it!

Writing Prompts

Get stuffed with inspiration and feed your fancy with these Thanksgiving-themed prompts. Note: these are just suggestions.

ONE: Taylor Swift's Thanksgiving, from the point of view of her cats, Meredith and Olivia.

TWO: Cas tries to prepare the perfect turkey dinner for Dean and Sam in the bunker. Chaos ensues.

THREE: John awkwardly navigates the Holmes' Family Thanksgiving and tensions between Sherlock and Mycroft are running high.

FOUR: Kylie Jenner attempts to host Thanksgiving but everything unravels when she burns the turkey.

FIVE: The Avengers agree to do a Thanksgiving potluck dinner. What dishes do they bring?

SIX: Obama invites Trudeau over for American Thanksgiving.

SEVEN: Katniss goes turkey hunting. Haymitch is drunk and eating all of Peeta's baked goods.

EIGHT: Witches and wizards start harvesting phoenixes for Thanksgiving dinners (the horror!). Hagrid is boycotting.

NINE: The 100 spend their first Thanksgiving on Earth with the Grounders.

TEN: Fandom A invites Fandom B to Thanksgiving dinner. Hilarity ensues.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "thanksgiving." The deadline for submissions is Thursday November 19th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [Supernatural]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday November 6th and ending Thursday November 19th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Thursday November 26th. To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Thanksgiving Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels. Happy writing!

Correction: we will be announcing the winners on Thursday November 26th, not Friday November 27th.