[Closed] February 14, 2017 - From the Heart Contest

What Do I Write About?

What better time to tell the one you fancy how much they really mean to you?

For this contest, your mission is to pick a fandom character and write a narrative piece or a love letter to their crush, significant other, or even someone totally random!

The love letter can take the form of a text message, email, or other print or electronic medium. And since music says it best, we'd like you to use at least one line of song lyrics in your entry. The lyrics can be used as dialogue, as a text, or any other creative way you can think of. And if romance isn't your thing, you can write the piece as satire.

Please put the songs lyric(s) you use in bold so it's easy for us to find! You are welcome to find your own lyrics or choose from the ones below.

Example song lyrics:

And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile, cause you're amazing, just the way you are. - Bruno Mars

Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections. - John Legend

Remember those walls I built? Well, baby they're tumbling down and they didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound. - Beyonce

I just want you to know who I am. - The Goo Goo Dolls

I'm not gonna write you a love song. - Sara Bareilles

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet. - Ed Sheeran

The letter must be to another character in the same fandom and signed with the name of the POV character - no anonymous Valentines here, please!

We're calling on all fanfiction writers to show off their writing chops by taking a chance on fandom love this Valentines Day!

All fandoms welcome. Stories should be no longer than 10,000 words.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible. Format your story using spaces between new paragraphs.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a new story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "fromtheheart". The deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 2nd at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [Harry Potter]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for approximately two weeks, starting today, Tuesday, February 14th and ending Thursday, March 2nd at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Friday, March 10th. To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Different World Contest will receive a shout out from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels.

Happy writing, Wattpadders!