Ch 14 - Rulers

Link: patreon.com/CapsK

A huge shoutout to 'Steven Gross' our Eternal God!

Thank you guys for supporting me on this journey and keep doing that.

All R-18 chapters are released on Patreon only and nowhere else. You can access them there. You can access them by paying just $5. You will get more chapters early by paying more.

Get more benefits on higher tiers!

****************************************************************************************

Jason on the other hand had other plans as he quickly used the power of time to freeze it.

Walking over to the corpse of the dead red dragon, Jason extended his hand, a smile hanging on his face.

"Arise!"

He wished to take control of the greatest monster, the almighty Red Dragon. His voice, now containing his desire, echoed and reverberated into the space.

When that happened, the mana started to cry, a heavy aura covering the surrounding space. And from somewhere unknown, a streak of brilliantly chilling wind blew in.

*ROAARRR!!*

Screams of a Dragon roared out from some place that was impossible to locate with the dragon's shadow spreading wide on the floor.

A certain something slowly rose up from the shadow. The rising shape enveloped in the rising plumes of black smoke was.... undeniably a Dragon.

*Roaarr!*

The Dragon loudly roared into the air before discovering the human by its feet and stopping its bellowing.

[Were you the one summoning me? Oh, King of the Dead, Shadow Sovereign.]

Jason chuckled, his deep eyes staring at the dragon that almost wiped out the entire force if not for Jason.

[Not bad. You possess your strength and intelligence.]

The Dragon then lowered its tall posture and paid its respect to Jason, its head almost kissing the floor.

[This lowly servant who once used to serve the Dragon Emperor pays respects to the new Sovereign.]

Jason shook his head but didn't correct the red dragon.

"How can a human possess that power? It shouldn't belong to you."

While Jason was patting the head of his new servant, a familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time attracted his attention.

Jason called the shadow dragon into his shadow and replied without turning back.
"So, you've finally decided to show yourselves."

Jason was surrounded by five creatures draped in armor and underwent a form of transformation.

Jason only stared at a man covered in golden armor, enveloped in this stupendous golden aura.

"We meet again, human!" The golden guy greeted Jason.

Jason observed them and snorted. "So you are the parasites that are using these humans as vessels, huh?"

"How dare you call us parasites? You human..." One among them was a one-eyed giant with light orange hair who glared at Jason, full of anger.

"Shut it!" The one who was covered in the bright golden light said to the giant before turning to Jason. "We have no ill intentions for you and the humans. But without our aid humanity will perish. After all, the incoming war will turn this beautiful planet to waste."

Jason narrowed his eyes and asked. "What type of war?"

Staring at Jason, the most brilliant light opened its mouth to explain...

Jason rubbed his temple after listening to the long conversation, sighing.

"So, according to you guys, you all are Rulers, an angelic race created by a guy called the Absolute Being to maintain the balance while those Monarchs are the beings created from darkness who wanted to destroy everything. And the two of your races have been fighting with each other for eons with no result... Not only that but the earth has been destroyed many times in the... future but you always reversed time to find a better solution so humans can survive... Wow, it sounded like the plot of a sci-fi movie."

Looking at the five beings, he spoke with his hands behind his back.

"Look guys, I don't care about your grudge or war or anything. As long as neither you nor those Monarchs mess with me, I'll let you be. But if anyone among you both dares to get in my way, then I'll kill you all!"

"You will kill us. Hahaha..." The one-eyed giant laughed, a terrifyingly hot flames erupted around him, indicating its agitated state.

Jason sighed and glared at him, a huge blast of Chaos Haki surged out, blasting away the one-eyed giant.

That thing flew for a few meters before slamming on the ground reverting back to the mage class hunter, knocked unconscious.

"There are only two people in this world: My followers or My enemies! I must warn you to make your choice very carefully." Jason addressed the other four stunned beings, speaking casually.

The bright light turned to Jason and spoke. "I'll speak with you again."

With that, the four hunters plopped down turning back into humans, passed out.

Jason stared at the five of them, five pieces of his shadow merged with the shadow of those five hunters.

He then gazed at the setting sun and took a breath.

'What a crazy day!'

While he was watching the sunset, the army arrived with tanks and helicopters, encircling the entire area. With such a large number and display, it seemed they were going all out, like going on a war against another country.

Jason was confused, rubbing his temple as he watched them carefully securing the remains of the giant red dragon.

Not only that but rows of doctors and healer-type hunters of low class checked the conditions of the hunters to make sure they were all in good health, or if someone needed medical attention.

On the other hand, some people in black were checking and counting the number of casualties as they carefully observed the traces of battle while counting the number of hunters alive.

"Thank you, Sir Hunter. Now, we will take it over from here." A high-ranking officer saluted and spoke to Jason.

Jason nodded his head and pointed to the unconscious hunters. "Please keep your voices low. These guys are resting after the difficult battle."

"Please don't worry. We will do our best." The officer nodded his head and ordered his men not to disturb the hunters...

After a few minutes, all the hunters regained their consciousness, feeling puzzled by them being knocked out.

In the meantime, an official had recorded Jason's statement about the raid. He recited the entire battle without hiding anything while keeping the very last part, his meeting with the so-called Rulers, secret.

The officials recorded statements of other hunters too to finalize the report.

Finally, the raid was over and the hunters were escorted back to the hotel. Jason observed Go Gunhee who had no recollection of anything that happened after the death of the red dragon.

The poor guy had no idea that he was a vessel of an otherworldly being, just a tool that could be used in war. Despite being one of the strongest hunters alive, his mortal body could never handle the full strength of those beings, clear to Jason with just a glance.

Returning back to the hotel, Jason plopped down on the bed and closed his eyes to sleep peacefully.