Ch 15 - Negotiation

Link: patreon.com/CapsK

A huge shoutout to 'Steven Gross' our Eternal God!

Thank you guys for supporting me on this journey and keep doing that.

All R-18 chapters are released on Patreon only and nowhere else. You can access them there. You can access them by paying just $5. You will get more chapters early by paying more.

Get more benefits on higher tiers!

****************************************************************************************

The next day, all the news channels or newspapers had the same highlight.

The World's Most Dangerous Raid was successful!

But the cost was also not small because, among the hundred and more elite hunters, less than 20% survived.

Thousands of hunters perished in the raid.

Well mostly because they overestimated their strength and also Jason didn't use all his strength.

He wasn't a God or a Saint so why he should go out of his way to protect them? And since he found that there was a way to reverse time, he was planning to use it later to clean the entire mess after playing around to his heart's content.

Jason woke up in the morning and took a shower. Checking his phone, he found that Hana had called him a dozen times, even leaving multiple messages.

It seemed the woman was very worried for his safety.

Jason couldn't help but smile as he replied to her messages that he was absolutely fine.

Only if that young and naive woman knew that he was a devil with no one strong enough to harm him.

Jason had a light breakfast with Go Gunhee and Sung Il-Hwan in the restaurant.

They were planning their next thing when two agents arrived to escort them to an event organized for the hunters who had saved America from a calamity.

The event was named 'Night of the Hunters'!

The remaining world's strongest hunters gathered inside a gigantic banquet hall, capable of housing nearly 1,500 people.

The agents opened the rear door for Jason and others as they stepped out and entered the hall, filled with hunters and high-ranking officials.

The event began with a speech from a guy named David Brennon, a very high ranking official. He had light brown hair that he tied up in a small ponytail, blue eyes, and was dressed in a professional suit.

The speech was about the raid, the sacrifice of those hunters and how they would be treated as heroes of the States, the compensation, and other stuff. And finally, the reward was revealed to be a whopping sum of a billion dollars to each hunter who survived.

After the event, the hunters that had been gathered in small groups of two and three to chat among themselves.
"Ah, there you are!"

While Jason picked a spot with a glass of wine, sipping, someone interrupted his alone time.

Raising his head, he saw Liu Zhigang approaching him with a wide smile.

"You don't seem to like such events?"

Jason smiled, "It's not about events or anything, it's about people. I prefer to drink with friends rather than strangers."

"Hahaha, well, we can be considered friends after facing the life-and-death battle yesterday." Liu Zhugang laughed heartily, feeling pleased with his statement.

*Cling!*

"Maybe," The duo clicked their glasses, chatting about random stuff.

"Both of you are here."

Jason and Liu Zhigeng shifted their gazes in the direction of that voice, spotting a young man with green eyes and blonde hair. He was dressed in formal business attire.

Although they felt this person's presence, they knew he wasn't a Hunter since he didn't emit any magic energy.

"Can both of you clear some time in your schedule, please?"

"Alright, I will." Jason stared at him and replied. 'Here it is finally, huh?'

The person's expression brightened immediately and he looked at Liu Zhigeng next.

"How about you, Hunter Liu Zhigeng?"

"I'm in."

"Very good. In that case, please, follow me."

The guy's expression was as bright as a salaryman who managed to pull off a difficult negotiation. He then took the lead and guided the two Hunters away.

...

Funnily enough, the destinations for the two were not the same.

Liu Zhigeng was guided by other agents and went down the corridor on the left, while Jason followed the blond guy and continued down their original path.

Jason ignored it and continued on the path until they arrived in a spacious room where David Brennon was waiting with a smile.

"Ah, you're finally here, Hunter Jason!"

"Hello," Jason greeted as he shook hands with him.

David Brennon signaled him to take a seat while he took his previous position opposite to him whereas the young blond man stood behind David Brennon.

"Sorry for calling out to you like this but I want to discuss something important with you privately." David Brennon began.

Jason smiled and pressed his back on the sofa, crossing his legs. "About my price to leave your country to live here in America, perhaps."

"Pardon?" David Brennon was taken aback by Jason's sentence, catching him off guard.
Even the young guy behind seemed dumbfounded.

Jason chuckled, his eyes never leaving the two. "Oh come on, Mr, Brennon. You seem to be looking down on me. You should be clear that I'm a businessman too. Your small tricks will not work on me."

David Brennon seemed slightly embarrassed, being caught red-handed.

He never saw it coming and could only smile embarrassingly.

But since the cat was already out of the bag, he took out a thick contract and placed it on the table.

"Since Hunter Jason had already caught me then I'll be straightforward. If you move to America, we'll provide you with these benefits."

David Brennon coughed lightly and continued. "You'll be treated like a King here. Even if you commit a crime, no law will be able to punish you. Also, we'll give you a large place worth of ten billion dollars to open a guild here. Not only that but your companies will be exempt from the taxes and we'll support you unconditionally."

Jason smiled and pushed the contact back at him, shaking his head.

David Brennon was slightly surprised by his action. Jason didn't even look at the contract yet refused it.

Reading him like a book, Jason said. "I can feel your sincerity from your words but it's a shame that you guys are very late."

"Pardon?"

"Mr. Brennon, I can feel that you're a patriotic man who is willing to do everything for your country. But I'm different from you. I'm neither patriotic nor a kind person... Korea is more like my kingdom and no king will abandon his own territory to live under someone else roof, am I correct?" Jason smiled and stared at the duo, his eyes sharp. "The things that you just promised me now. I've been doing it in Korea since the last year with no one intervening my way."

"I... I see." David Brennon was disappointed for being rejected and not being able to recruit Jason.

Jason chuckled at his reaction. "But don't worry, I'm sure at least Hunter Thomas and Hunter Chris will be very happy to move to America under these great conditions... And those two are just slightly weaker than me. I'm sure if it's them, they might be able to hunt the red dragon on their own without my help."