Tanya

I was cutting on some lemons while Mr Dawson went inside to bring cheesecakes from the refrigerator

I was cutting on some lemons while Mr Dawson went inside to bring cheesecakes from the refrigerator. I was so engrossed that i didn't even notice my finger which was oozing blood.

As soon as i was able to notice it someone came running towards me and started to apply bandaid on my finger.

He looked at me, worried and sad. Why was he sad? He told me to be careful. My eyes were stuck on him. His face was looking like a child who got hurt while riding a bicycle for the very first time.

All the time, my eyes were glued on him, i never felt this kind of sensation bc and feeling building inside me. I wanted to cup his cheeks and tell him, i am okay. Its okay.

It was the very first time someone cared for me. Someone who wasn't Grandma,Myra or even Rohan. All the time i wasn't able to even utter a word and he asked me again.

"Is it hurting a lot?" His eyes fixed on my hand, I could feel his shaking hands. Was he worried about me? But why? Why would somebody even care to look after me. Why?

"Here's the cheese!" I heard Mr Dawson's    Voice entering the kitchen room. Taking my hand away from his soft grip, i shake my hand in response his earlier question and left towards the cake.

I was doing my work but somewhere inside me i wanted to look at him, so i kept glancing at him through the periphery of my eyes.

He was kneading the dough, i stared at his face. Nothing ever looked soft to me like his face, my hands itched to feel his cheeks on my hand. I was stuck. Something in my pounding and making me want to talk to him.

I met thousands of men, talked to some and even have a guy in my life as my friend. Rohan. But i never something like this inside me. Something which made me want to move forward, take some steps towards the new life waiting for me.

I was done with my cheesecake and Mr Dawson asked me to go and have a seat outside. I washed my hands and let the apron off my neck. Walking out i grabbed a sit at the corner and stared outside through the window.

I was staring outside the window, looking at people while i noticed two hands placing the cheesecake. "Thank you Mr Dawson" I said as i looked up but to my surprise it wasn't him.

"Mr Dawson is looking after the new package's so i am here to serve you"
I looked at him, it was him, the one who put a bandaid on my finger.

"I hope your hand is okay" He spoke before going away, but somewhere in my heart i didn't wanted it. I wanted him to sit in front of me and talk, i wanted to hear his melodious music like voice.

"Thankyou" I said as his footsteps stopped.

"Thankyou for taking care of me, and bringing the cake" I continued as i wanted to him to stay longer, even if it was for short span. I wanted that sweet time to stop and stare at him fully, lovingly.

"It's a duty of mine as a human, i had to do it. And about the cake, it was something i had to do as a employee in here or I won't get paid" he said as a smile lingered on his face, his beautiful black eyes almost closed.

"Still, it wasn't just a small thing to me." I spoke, reluctant to let him go.

"Then how would you like to return my help" He asked, his face holding a mischievous expression which made him look cute.

It was weird for me to feel all such sort of things which i never felt before, i looked at the cheesecake and then again looked at him.

"Please have the cheesecake with me, i will be happy to repay your kindness in this way." Will i actually be happy? I don't know but i would be feeling this weird stuff inside of me which would make me smile like an idiot but i wont, because i don't know how to smile.

He looked at me for a minute and chuckled, god. And then said.
"May I?" He asked while looking at me with his hazel eyes. I knew what he meant but my mind wanted to create a fake scenario as if he was asking me before he slide the ring on my finger.

I shake my head on what nonsense i just thought of and replied "please" hearing me he sat in front of me.

"Please have it" i spoke

"You made me for yourself Miss, have it with me." He said with a smile and picked up a fork.

"Tanya, you can call me Tanya. And yes i will have it too."  I replied to him before digging in.

The sweet yet tangy and sour taste of the cake made my mouth escape a moan. While having the cake i looked at him, already looking me.

"Can i say something Miss Tanya" he asked and i just nodded.

"You look like a kid who got his favourite chocolate" he expressed making me choke on the cake and cough.

"Easy, easy. I'm sorry i startled you" he got up from his seat and came towards me, making me drink water. In a whole time he didn't let his single thing touch me and that made me wanted to stay with him more.

I was drinking the water while looking at him, his eyes holding the sign of worries and concern.

I finished drinking the water and said "you are the first around whom i am guard less" hearing me his cheeks turned a shade of pink, did he just blush?

"Uh, I am lucky then" he said rubbing his neck.

"I am" i mumbled under my breath.

I had my cake with him, while he talked a little. He was genuine with his words and actions and i was confused the whole time that why was my heart beating rapidly, i drank a lot of water in order to control my beating heart but nothing was of use.

He looked at me asking if something was wrong but i just shook my head.

It was already 4 in the evening, i had the cheesecake, wandered around the rooftop of the cafe where my plants were shining brightly. He told me how much he is in love with these plants little did he knew, it was me who planted them.

I looked at the red roses, it was just a stick when i planted it but now it had multiple flowers, all in the shade of red. I touched one of them, caressing it. It was soft as feather while he said that he waters this one plant personally because he is attached to it.

I was listening to him talk, my eyes never leaving his face while my face had a relaxed expression. It was peaceful with him. I was surprised how i was able to tolerate someone beside me more than 5 minutes. But i wasn't tolerating him, i was rather enjoying his company.

I left the cafe at 5 when i received a call from Grandma, she craved some pastries and i asked him to pack it up for me while he suggested me to give a try to the butterscotch one, i personally packed one for myself.

As i was about to leave he said,

"Please visit again" Cute. Unknown to him, that i will be visiting daily. Coming for work practically.

The soothing feeling and warmth didn't left my heart and i could finally say, it was a good day.