Chapter Two (I Faked That Smile)

Hey all!

Thank you all so much for voting commenting and fanning!!!!

Happy reading :D

Chapter Two (I Faked That Smile)

I had just finished my shift and today was as busy as ever. I could feel me feet throbbing, as they were so swollen and sore from being on my feet all day. As I opened the door of the restaurant, I felt the cold breeze hit my face making me shiver. Pulling my coat tighter around me I started my walk back to the boat. All the way, I felt like I was being watched again, just like this morning. Hearing footsteps in the distance I started to speed up a bit but hearing the footsteps not far behind me speeding up as well, I started to make a run for it. I took a quick glimpse behind me making sure they couldn’t see me, as soon as I seen nothing but their shadow I ran behind one of the big dumper rubbish bins. I held my breath as I thought of the last time I was in this exact position, I wanted to scream and run as far as I could away from here. However, I just kept as still and as quite as I could with both my hands wrapped around my swollen belly as trying to protect my baby.

I could hear the foots steps getting nearer my body began to shake as the sound of heavy breathing along with the footsteps were now right beside me. “Please don’t stop, keep walking please,” I pleaded to myself, but then everything went silent except the loud drumming of my panicking heart. I sat frozen just waiting, I didn’t know what I was waiting for but I knew it could just be a trap and the minute I move, they could pounce on me. Although I was freezing cold, I could feel the sweat running down from my forehead. My body was shaking so violently I had to push myself closer into the wall. Hearing a mans voice not even five steps away from me had me screaming for my life inside. I could hear him taking into the phone but I was panicking so much that I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I tried to calm myself down and clear my head so I could try to listen in on what he was saying. “Yes boss it was definitely her” I heard him say, I took in a quite breath as I tried to keep calm. “Ok boss, how do you need me to bring her back to you, dead or alive?” My blood ran cold and my body went completely numb as I heard him. Everything around me seemed to vanish as I couldn’t feel or think it was as if I was completely paralysed. As I could hear every word but I couldn’t react, then I heard his last words before he hung up, “Alive it is then” his voice sounded like a recording or like he was brainwashed, he just didn’t seem human at all.

Looking down at my swollen baby bump I started to rub soothing circles across my stomach, as the baby was moving and kicking more than usual. It was as if the baby was fighting inside me, I could feel the baby settling down inside me under my hand. I continued to rub soothing circles while listening out for any sign of the man. After a while of nothing, I decided to take a look. The streetlight was shinning against the wall opposite me, seeing there were no shadows I started to push my body out a little further. Once I was sure that no one was there, I started to shuffle my body the whole way out. I kept low to the ground I started to crawl around the dumpster, I was just beside the edge of the wall that led onto the main street, when I paused. I listened out closely for any voices, but there was nothing at all. I needed to get out of here and fast, I thought to myself.

As soon as I seen that there was no one about I made a run for it towards the old docks. Pain shot through my feet, every time my feet touched off the ground. They were so sore and swollen that I had to bit the inside of my mouth to stop me screaming out.