Chapter Ten

I Fake That Smile!

Adventure #21 / Romance #62

Happy reading!

Chapter 10

Damon stayed the whole day by my side, I tried telling him that I was all right and that he needed to go home and get some sleep, but he wouldn't have it. I had never been alone with a boy before, but with Damon by my side, it did not scare me. I thought It would have even felt weird, but it didn't, it felt good. He made me feel so complete. I kept thinking of how he could make me feel so different, but as hard as I tried, I could only come up with one thing and that was he cared for me. How could he care for someone like me, I am a nobody, I am nothing, I thought to myself.

I felt Damon placing his soft hand against my cheek; he began to stroke his thumb across my face. "Don't cry Sheena, please," he almost pleaded. He looked so hurt and defeated; it made me feel so bad, as I knew I was the one causing him to hurt. "Damon, please can you go and get some rest, I need a little time alone," I asked. However, every part of me wanted him to stay with me, but seeing him looking so pained and hurt was only making me feel worse.

He raised his head up until our eyes met. "Sheena please don't push me away, I don't need any sleep, all I need right now is to be here with you." Seeing how he meant every single word made it harder for me to push him away. As right now, I just wanted him to hold me close and kiss me and keep telling me everything was going to be alright , but that would be selfish, and I couldn't do that ,especially to him. I placed a kiss on his cheek while looking deep into his eyes. "Damon, as much as I love having you here please just give me an hour so I can straighten things out in my head "I pleaded with him. The look on his face was killing me so much, I felt like I just wanted to cry. For the first time I felt weak, I felt horrible for pushing him away like this, but I knew it would be for the best, even if it were for only a little while.

He hesitated for a while be nodding his head, he gave me one quick hug and kissed me on the cheek, before leaving. His soft lips left my cheek with a warm pleasurable tingling. Placing my hand over where he had kissed me sent my heart pounding in my chest. A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts," come in," I shouted out, I was expecting it to be Cherelle, but it was not it was two police officers. As I looked at them, I began to cry, I was so scared what they were going to do to me and where they would take me, my body started to shake violently as I began panic. I pressed the buzzer as I started to scream for Cherelle. I just kept my eyes on the door screaming, waiting for Cherelle to come running in. I seen Damon by the door, I didn't care that he was one of them right then ,I just needed him "DAMON" I screamed out to him as he came running into the room and wrapped me in his arms. "Shush baby, it will be alright," he kept repeating. Being wrapped in his arms, I didn't care what would happen to me now because I felt safe, and I knew deep down he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. Through my sobs and Damon's soothing words, I could hear screaming and shouting behind him. Looking over his shoulder, I could see Cherelle pushing and shouting abuse at the police officers, a little giggle escaped me, as I watched her. Damon looked up to where I was looking and could see he was even trying to hold in his laughter. As soon as the door closed, I burst out laughing, with Damon joining me. Cherelle gave us both a confused and puzzled look, which made us laugh even harder. The tears where streaming down my face as I was laughing so much, I held onto my side as I started to get a stitch." What?" Cherelle asked, as I could see, she was starting to get mad now. I slowly managed to stop laughing "Oh Cherelle, you looked so funny", ha, ha, "you just marched them police officers out of here," I said in between laughing. Damon was now crouched over the bed, as he could not stop laughing. It felt good to laugh, as right now I could not remember the last time I had laughed like that.