Chapter Twenty-Six

Hey Everyone :)

 I have a slight challenge for you all! The minute I get 100 votes, I will upload the next chapter! Considering there are nearly a thousand people reading this book, it should not be hard lol

<3’s you all

Mel xx

Chapter Twenty-Six

On our way home, we decided to go and tell Damon’s mother, Alisha, the good news. The whole way there, Damon was bouncing up and down in his seat with excitement. Seeing him this happy made my heart swell. “Damon what do you think your mother will say?” I asked.

As I began wondering if she would be mad or happy with us, as we were not married yet and with her being a strict Roman Catholic they did not believe in baby out of wedlock. “Sheena, she will be over the moon, she has always wanted grandchildren” he replied excitedly.

Feeling a little relieved, I gave him a smile. Staring out the passenger window, I thanked God for everything, as I know deep down that there is definitely someone out there helping me otherwise, I would have died years ago, I thought to myself.

As soon as Alisha’s house came in sight, I began to get nervous. Although I loved her like a mother, I was still worried about how she was going to react with the news. Pulling up onto her drive something felt wrong. I had a knot building up in my stomach as Damon cut the engine off. He went to open his door but I quickly reached out and stopped him. he gave me a questioning look, ”Sheena she is going to be so excited with us having a baby , please will you stop worrying so much” he said, before he leaned in and kiss me on the cheek. Holding on to him tightly, I whispered into his ear “Damon something is not right”. Leaning back a little, he started to study my face, and then started laughing. “Damon please, I am serious,” I told him more firmly. He shut up almost immediately, when he seen how serious I was.

That is one thing that Damon had learned about me, when I had a bad feeling about something, nine times out of ten, I was always right. However, right now I hope I am wrong, I thought to myself. He looked out the windows, scanning everywhere. I followed him and could see nothing; nevertheless, I still had a bad feeling. “Its clear” he told me as he opened the door of the car, he stepped down onto the ground and closed his door, before making his way over to me. He was just opening my door when men came running towards us. They starting shooting at Damon, without thinking, I quickly leaped over in to his sit, giving him room to jump into mine. Starting the car up, I pressed my foot right to the floor, before Damon had even managed to close the door. “Sheena” he shouted as a car pulled out of nowhere trying to cut me off. I swerved out of the way just in time. I kept dodging the cars and trucks as they came at me, while Damon kept firing at them. My heart was pounding in my chest, but I ignored it, as I needed to concentrate on driving.

 Seeing a clear run in front of me, I pressed my foot right down. The car took off so fast, that every thing around me became a blur. It was as if my body was reacting on its own accord, as I felt numb. Speeding up the country road it had looked like we had finally lost them, then a car from the other direction swerved onto my side of the road making me swerve out of its way. My car toppled over and began rolling, I screamed out to Damon only to see him unconscious and smothered in blood.

 I began to panic as everything around me was now going in slow motion.

My head crashed against the window as we were rolling down a large mud bank, the window smashed, the glass flying everywhere.