Chapter Twenty

Hi all!

Sorry it took a couple of days to upload, but I have been so busy and my back is not great :(

I have not been able to thank all of you personally for voting, but please no that every vote and comment you give, means more to me than words can say.

Loads of <3 to all of you Mel

I hope that you will all enjoy!

Chapter Twenty

It felt like hours since Damon had left me and with the non-stop gunfire, I was petrified. The sound of a stick breaking behind me panicked me into such a state that had my body frozen on the spot. Managing to look down at the gun in my shaking hands, I tried to grip it the same way I had seen Damon. However, I could not get my hands to register with my brain no matter how hard I tried. Hearing another round of gunshots shocked my frozen body back into reality.

Pushing my body lower to the ground, I held the gun out with my finger placed over the trigger. My hand began swaying slightly, as I listened out for any more noises. Although I felt so cold, I could feel the sweat running down my forehead. As I continued to keep my eyes scanning all around me. Keeping the gun up was becoming harder as every noise I heard was making me jump.

I could hear someone talking into a phone or something, and seeing a shadow straight ahead of me I crouched down as much as I could. “We have him” I heard the man say. My blood ran cold knowing deep down he was on about Damon. “No he is dead,” he said. I sat there not knowing what to do, but there was no way I was going to let Damon down. I am going to kill this man, I told myself as I pulled the gun and pointed towards the gap in the bush.

I started to make my way slowly out of the bushes, and seeing a man standing right at the side of me had my palms sweating like mad. However, I quickly shook it off knowing that one of these men had killed Damon. My life was not worth anything any more now that Damon is gone, I thought to myself. Nevertheless, I wanted to make sure that whoever took Damon’s life would pay for it. Feeling my temper boiling up inside me, I pointed the gun at the man and pulled the trigger. The man's body fell to the floor. Running over to him I spotted the radio on the floor, quickly picking it up I pressed a few of the buttons. Someone at the other end started talking, I could tell by the way he was talking that the men who had come here to kill us were not doing to well.  Something then grabbed me by the ankle making me scream. “She’s here,” the man I had shot, screamed out. I kicked him in his privates with my free foot making him roll around on the floor clutching hold of him self. Seeing his blood everywhere made my stomach flip. Taking this as my chance to run I bolted in the direction of the house.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I ran as fast as I could. Seeing the infer red beams lighting up all around me I continued to run, as I dodged as many as I could. Tripping on a rock had me falling face first into the ground, ignoring the pain I jumped up and carried on running. It was as if everything around me was going in slow motion as bullets were now zooming past me. I would not let myself be scared as I kept running, seeing the house all-light up brought a feeling of slight relief to me. I kept my gun up as I approached the steps that led up to the back door. I reached my hand out to the handle, but just as I pulled; it down someone grabbed me from behind and put there hand over my mouth so tight I could not even scream for help. He dragged me backwards back down the steps, and as hard as I tried to break free, I couldn’t. This man was so strong that he held me in away that I could not even get a look at him. He continued to drag my body away from the house, with me fighting him off.