Chapter Twenty-Five

Hey all my lovely readers!

I just want to thank every single one of you, for all of your vote’s comments and support! It means so much and I truly appreciate you all.

<3 Mel xx

Chapter Twenty-Five

Damon was down on one knee with a little white teddy in his hands, which said I love you on a red heart that was stuck to its belly. However placed on the teddies legs was a little red velvet box, my heart started racing so hard in my chest, as the biggest smile took over my face. Damon took hold of my hand, I could tell he was nervous; by the way his hand was shaking. Our eyes locked, mine were watery but I quickly wiped them dry as I tried to calm myself down. I could see the sparkle in his eyes,  “Sheena, I know we haven’t known each other that long, but since the moment I met you I have known deep in my heart that you are the one. The one I want to spend the rest of my life with, you are the one I want to mother our children”. ”Sheena I love you, and without you, my life means nothing to me, as you complete me”. “Sheena will you marry me?” He asked, as he opened the little red box. ”WOW” was all I could manage to say, I was completely speechless. The ring was delicate, placed in the centre of the white gold band was a heart shape diamond, which sparkled so much against the light of the moon, that it astounded me. I heard Damon clearing his throat, tearing my eyes away from the most beautiful ring I have ever laid eyes on, I looked up at Damon. I could see he was beyond nervous now, his forehead was dripping with sweat, lowering my eyes until they locked with his. “Damon YES” I screamed. He jumped of the ground, placed the ring on my second to last finger, and placed a kiss onto the back of my hand. Then he picked me up and spun me round. I couldn’t help but giggle, he was laughing as he spun me around. As he came to a stop he looked straight into my “Sheena you have made me the happiest man alive!” he said with so much meaning and honesty that I leaned in closer and crashed my lips to his and kissed him with everything I had, every part of me exploded.

As we reached back to his SUV we started talking dates for our wedding which we both decided we would wait for at least a year as he wanted to wait for me to finish my education first. As the new job that Alisha managed to get me, they had set it up, that I will attend college once a week, which was amazing, as after the year course is finished, and I would be a fully qualified lawyer’s receptionist.

Things were really starting to look up in my life and I had two people to thank for this, Damon and his mom. Damon for loving and showing me that most people could be trusted.  In addition, Alisha for giving me the chance, to have a proper and respectable job. I will never forget my life but from today, I will enjoy and try to put it all behind me, I thought to myself.

Damon and I have been living together peacefully now for the last six months, and to say I have never been happier would be an understatement. Touch wood we have not even argued once, it is as if every thing we have been through has made our relationship so much stronger.

 Damon got his medical clearance and has gone back to work now, which believe me was the best news ever.  There is not a day that I don’t worry when he leaves through that front door for work. However, I know it is what he loves doing, and after all, I had known what his job was the day I fell in love with him, but that does not make it any easier.

Nevertheless with me being so busy with my new job seems to take my mind off him when he works the same hours as me, but when he works nights is the hardest, as I can never manage to get a full night sleep. The cities crime is at its highest at the minute and nighttime is when all the villains seem to be out in force, which only makes me worry more. One of Lee and Damon’s close work friends Paul was killed a few weeks ago and that made Cherelle and me more on edge. Nevertheless, Cherelle and I keep it together, as we always have each other to talk to and we both know how the other one is feeling so it is so good that we have each other.