Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hey all!

As a celebration of reaching into the top 10, I have written this chapter a couple of days early!

Thank you all so much, I am so privileged to have all of you readers supporting me the way you do!

<3 you all Mel xx

I Fake That Smile!

Adventure #7 / Romance #26

Chapter Twenty-Seven

I could hear Lee shouting and screaming. However, I could not make out what he was actually saying. Heading straight towards the boulder again, but only faster this time scared the hell out of me. All I could do was scream out; as there was nothing else, I could do to save us.

Looking over at Damon, he was still unconscious; his face was completely covered in blood, from the deep cut on his forehead. Knowing this was the end, “Damon I Love you more than you will ever know, and thank you so much for making my last few months of my life the best”. “Our unborn baby will be coming with us now love, and please god, I hope that the three of us will meet on the other side”.” Bye for now my love” I said to him as I sobbed my heart out. Keeping my eyes on Damon, I did not want to watch as we fall to our deaths, as all I wanted now was his face to be the last thing I see.

As we banged into the boulder I screamed out “I love you” Then it felt as if the car stopped but knowing we were just gliding over the edge I kept my eyes on Damon. As much as I wanted to look in front of me, I couldn’t tare my eyes away from Damon, as I was to scared that I wouldn’t get to have my last vision of him.

“Sheena,” I heard someone calling, I looked down at Damon’s lips to see if they were moving. “Sheena can you hear me?” I was still watching Damon’s mouth and knew dam well it was not him, but then who could it be, I thought to myself. “SHEENA” I heard someone scream out again. Feeling my heart speed up with adrenalin of hope, I started to scream out. “LEE HELP US”. I slowly tore my eyes away from Damon and looked out in front of me; we were exactly where we were before they tried to tow us out. Excited at knowing that we still had a chance, “Damon we still have a chance hunny, we are still alive”, I shouted at him with excitement.

Hearing the sound of the chains coming towards us again, made me nervous and excited at the same time. There was still a chance of us getting out of here alive, and right now, I was putting all my faith and hope into Lee and his men.

“Sheena ready?” I heard Lee shout quickly, I could hear the panic in his voice, but knew he was trying hard to cover it up. “Ready” I shouted back. That when I heard the engine roar and the chains jingling. Feeling the car jerk as the chains tightened, and then we started moving, only this time they were pulling us up much faster. All I could do was pray, as I watched us move further away from the boulder and the edge.

My heart was racing so fast I was starting to feel dizzy, as the view was changing from the boulder to black and white spots. I tried to take deep breaths but it was not working, as my body was too exhausted to fight anymore. I tried my hardest to stay awake but I could feel the blackness taken over me. I couldn’t hear anything, feeling like the car was closing in around me, was making me feel Closter phobic. “Lee help me please” I tried to shout out, but then blackness took over me.