Preview of the Sequel (I FAKED THAT SMILE)

Chapter One

 I fell down on my knees as I reread the sign repeatedly. This was the last thing I wanted, as now I was leaving the state. I was heading away from the only friends I have had in years and even more importantly Damon. My heart felt like it had just shattered into a million pieces at the thought of leaving him. I was so stupid to think that I could actually be like other people. With a place to call home, a family and all the other little simple things people have in life. I know I had most of that for a while, but then my so-called family put an end to that! I thought to my self angrily.

 However, here I am back on the road again, alone and broken hearted with nowhere to go. It was as if I was having Deja vu, as I was now exactly where I was six years ago. The only difference this time being, I had to leave to protect the one I loved.

I had two options, one was to go back and risk being caught by whoever is after me or even worse getting Damon killed. On the other hand, the second option is to listen to what they had told me and leave. At least if I take the latter option, I could save Damon, I thought to myself. If I manage to keep on the move every six or so months, I should be able to avoid getting caught, I told myself.

 After finally making my mind up, I started to walk in the opposite direction to Damon. Tears streamed down my face as I took one last look back at the place I called home. Placing a hand over my stomach protectively, I promised our baby that one day I would bring him or her back to their father.

I was so tempted to go back to Cherelle’s for help but I knew deep down that she wouldn’t let me go, so I kept on walking.

I must have been walking for at least a few hours before I seen anyone. Far in the distance, I could see a big illuminated sign saying, Welcome to WestlakeVillage. My heart sunk as stared at the sign,” this is it, this is my new life”, I told myself. However, feeling weak from hunger, I wanted to quit, but knowing I needed to keep going I started to walk. As before I could even find away of getting something to eat or drink, I needed to find away to get some clothes, as I knew I couldn’t walk through the village in my pyjamas. Just as I thought of that, I saw an old barn like building and just to the side in the distance was a washing line full of clothes. I made a run for it over towards the barn with my heart pounding frantically in my chest, at the fear of getting, caught.

 As I reached the side of the barn, I crouched down so I could check to make sure no body was about. Seeing it was all clear, I quickly ran up to the line and grabbed the nearest pieces of clothing to me. Pulling them off the line, I made a run for it, back to the side of the barn. Hearing a gun shot fired, my heart sped up even more and my hands became all calmly. “Run Sheena, just keep running” I repeatedly told myself. Nevertheless, flash backs of the night we were under attack kept popping into my head, I kept fighting them off knowing I needed to reach the barn.

Thinking that I had been caught, I curled myself up into a ball and held my breath. “What is it about trouble and me, it is as if I’m a magnet to it,” I thought to myself. After a minute or so, I peeped my head out the side of the barn, just enough so I could see them, but not to much so they could see me. Luckily, for me there were two men running in the opposite direction carrying big guns in their hands. “Thank god, they’re not after me”, I told myself as I began to calm down a bit. I started to quickly change into the clothes, which where a bit too big for me but I didn’t care.  I was just glad that I managed to put my trainers on before I left the house, as I knew that there was no way I could have found a pair out here. I started making my way back to the roadside that I had been following since I had left home.