Chapter Nineteen

Hey all, Thanks for you all support your all the best!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Please vote as I had 1,297 readers for the last chapter but only 29 of you voted :(  please vote as it really does make a difference.

Thanks  <3 and hugs to all readers Mel xx

Chapter Nineteen

It was dark outside and we had been travelling for hours now, however, we still did not know where we were going. Damon had his arm wrapped around me as I rested my head against his shoulder. We hadn’t said much since we left the hospital, but it wasn’t awkward. I guess we were both just tired and the quietness was nice. “How much longer?” I asked the driver.” Not long now, I say we will arrive at our destination in about half an hour” he replied. Turning my gaze to back out the window I felt Damon’s hand hold on to mine.” Are you alright Sheena?” Damon asked, I turned my head so I could look at him, “I’m fine, are you?” I asked. “I couldn’t be better,” he said with a big smile. Pulling me closer into him, he went to placed a kiss onto my cheek but I quickly shifted so his lips landed on mine, making me giggle.

Noticing the driver had stopped the car, I looked out the window. We were stopped right in front of a massive iron gate. I could see a security man walking towards us, feeling nervous I leaned closer into Damon. As the driver opened his window, the security man shone his touch into car, as he looked over at every one of us. My heart started to beat so fast and my hands went all clammy. I kept hold of Damon but also kept my eyes on the security man. The driver handed him some papers and then after checking us once more, the gates opened. My heart started to slow down as the driver started to drive on.

Shifting my gaze from the driver to Damon I could see he was a little on edge as well. “Who was that man?” I asked, “He is just the security why?” he replied. “I don’t know I just didn’t like the look of him,” I said in all honesty. “Well babes your not meant to like him, as his job is to scare people off” he said while laughing. I slapped him playfully while laughing along with him.

Feeling so excited to see Cherelle and Lee, everything else didn’t matter right now. Jumping out of the car, I began running up the steps towards the front door. Even though it was dark out, you could still see that this place was a mansion. The door swung open by an over excited Cherelle, she came running at me and hugged me so tight I couldn’t breathe. ”Cherelle I need air, I can’t breathe” I said mockingly, she loosened her hold on me while giggling. “I thought you would never get here, we have been waiting all day.” She told me as she led me into the house. “WOW” was all I could say, this place was massive and it was all opened planned.

The hallway was huge, with white walls and marble floor, there were also decorative pictures scattered around, and a glass circular table set with a massive bouquet of fresh flowers placed in the centre. “Close your mouth” I heard Cherelle saying while laughing at me. I immediately closed my mouth, “I thought we would have been placed in some small run down place,” I stated. “They told Lee and me earlier, that because they’re not sure how long the case is going to take, that they wanted us to be comfortable”, she explained. “Anyway forget about all of that let me show you both to your room.” She said, but the smirk on her face had me worried. I know I have not known Cherelle for long, but I knew when she was hiding something from me. The only thing was, was I going to like it, I thought to myself. She dragged me up the long curling staircase. There were so many doors on either side of the hallway that I started to ask myself why we would need so many rooms. As if, Damon knew what I was thinking, “All the staff lives here too, so we needed a lot of rooms to take care of them all”. I just stared at him in amazement. “Ah here’s your room,”Cherelle said as she opened the door. There was a four-poster bed standing right in the centre of the room, the furniture carried an old-fashioned theme with the decoration being more up to date. Standing there just taking in my surroundings, It was breath taking, I thought to myself.  Hearing Cherelle ranting on about something or another brought me back to reality. “You and Damon will be sharing, that’s ok though isn’t it Sheena?” she said with a giggle, while wiggling her eyebrows. I tried to stop the blush from rising, I didn’t mind sharing with Damon it was just I wasn’t as open as she was with it. ”Stop teasing her Cherelle” Damon said, as he wrapped me into his chest. I could feel his rumbling as he tried to hide his laughter.