Chapter seven

Sheena's and Damon's POV

Chapter Seven

I felt Lee place his hand next to mine, as he helped me lift the jacket off the body. "OMG!" I whispered, as I looked at the poor girl lying dead in front of me. My blood ran cold at the sight of her, she looked like she had been brutally raped, beaten and left for dead. She only looked about eighteen, nineteen. However, wrong this sounds I was just so relieved and happy that it wasn't Sheena.

Once I knew the coast was clear, I got up and started to make a run for it. I felt bad just leaving Cherelle after all she had done for me, but I just panicked when I saw that they were the police officers from yesterday. Especially the brown eyed one, as he seems to do something to me. Moreover, as much as he makes me feel safe, the feelings that he sends through my body when our eyes locked scared me.

Running to nowhere in particular, with tears streaming down my face, felt like Deja vu. I tried to think of anywhere I could go, knowing it was too late for a place in the hostel. And knowing damn well that Cherelle and the other two would be checking the train station I was running out of options. I decided to carry on walking in the direction of the city, knowing it would be safer for me to be in a more crowded place.

I stopped walking when I seen a gang of boys ahead of me, I looked around trying to find another way out of here without going past them. There was not a person in sight, it was so isolated here, and these boys looked like they were doing so kind of drug deal or something. Fear rushed through me as flashes of the night in the park played over in my head. Seeing an alleyway to my left with a big Dumpster, I quickly ran towards it hoping they wouldn't notice me.

I tried lifting the lid up as quietly as I could, but the alleyway was not helping, as I lifted the heavy lid it squeaked and echoed throughout the alley. I tried lifting it all the way up but I didn't have enough strength in me. Frantically looking around for anything to stand on, my body froze as I heard footsteps coming towards me. Shaking uncontrollably, I tried climbing inside in, the footsteps were getting closer, my foot slipped making me fall back onto the ground, grabbing onto the top of the Dumpster with my hands I desperately tried to lift my body up the side, but every time I tried climbing up my feet would slip sending me back down onto the floor. I snapped my head around as I heard the footsteps echoing off the alley's walls. Noticing the little gap under the Dumpster, I started to squeeze my body under it. The feeling the rough ground cutting my skin made me want to scream out in pain. However, knowing if I stopped now they would probably do a lot worse to me made me carry on pushing my body under. Gritting my teeth hard as my tears fell silently; I laid flat under the Dumpster, just in time. As I could now hear them talking right beside me. Holding in my breath, I was desperately trying to stop my body from shaking. My arms and legs were stinging and paining me so bad, I began biting the inside of my cheek as I tried to hold in the pain. Hearing a gunshot go off; my blood ran cold as my body became numb. I pushed my face into the dirty wet ground as I tried to muffle out my screams. Praying they wouldn't hear me, I felt something grab hold of my ankles. They started to drag my body out from under the Dumpster, I screamed out as the pain bolted through my body. Tears were now streaming down my face as I felt my bones in my ankles breaking as they pulled roughly, the pain was becoming too much for me to handle as I fell into darkness.

As I woke up pain shot through my ankles making me scream out, trying to take in my surroundings through my watery eyes I noticed I was still in the alleyway. It was light now so I must have passed out for the whole night, I thought to myself. Even though the pain was so intense, I needed to try to get out of here. I reached over to the crate beside me, leaning my weight on it as I tried getting up, only to scream out, as my ankles couldn't take my weight. I looked down at my ankles, seeing the bone sticking out of my right foot made me throw up. Crying hysterically, I tried thinking of how I was going to get help, so I could get out of here. Screaming out for what felt hours, nothing eventually I gave up, feeling exhausted and weak.