Stay or Go?

Hinata's mom stands in the middle of the doorway in shock. Her eyes are blasted wide open and her mouth drops.

I'm not surprised. Its not everyday you walk in on your son kissing a boy.

"M-mom! W-welcome home," Hinata's voice shakes. His mom looks over to me.

"This is Kageyama! Remember? My friend from volleyball!" Hinata says, trying to act normal.

"Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure you don't kiss your friends. What the hell is going on?" She asks sternly. She didn't seem very pleased.

"Ah. Yes. That. Uhm. Mom, I would... like to tell you something." Hinata blushes and looks down. He looks smaller than he usually is. He looks scared.

"I'm in a relationship," Hinata glups, "with Tobio..." He walks over to me and intertwines his hand with mine.

"I see. You're... a homosexual." She sighs. "I'm sorry. I need to go think about this." She looks up at me and gives me a glare before walking out. We hear a "Oh my god" before she leaves.

"That was.. embarrassing," Hinata says and falls into my chest.

"Yeah... I wasn't expecting that to happen. I'm sorry. I didn't want our parents to be involved in this..."

He isn't even gay. That must be hard.

"No, it's okay. You didn't know when she would come home. I didn't know." Hinata and I both sit on the couch, curled up next to each other.

"I guess, uh, you can leave, if you want." Hinata says. I raise my eybrows.

"Why would I do that?"

"Well I just made it awkward between you and my mom, and she might not like you so..."

"Baka, I'm staying right here. I'm not going anywhere." I push his face into my chest.

He's my best friend. I can't just leave him in this horrible situation!

I look down to see Hinata snuggled up next to me.

It really seems like we are in an actual relationship...

"Thanks Kageyama." I feel his warm breath against my chest and I feel my heart skip a beat and my face heat up.

This entire situation is making me confused. It really seems like we are in an actual relationship. He just told his mother! We were kissing a few minutes ago! I don't know what to think. I don't know what Hinata is thinking...

***

After 30 minutes or so, Hinata and I hear the clang of pots and smell the scent of food. Hinata and I, starving, migrate to the kitchen.

Hinata sets the table, not looking at his mother once. I can't blame him. He just came out to his mother (technically I did too), even when he's not really gay. I mean, I'm not either, so this entire situation is awkward.

I help him by putting on napkins by every plate. He looks up at me and gives me a scared, sad smile. I smile back, trying to comfort him.

Hinata looks more scared than me. He's practically shaking. It looks like he's about to cry.

I walk over to him and put and my hand on his face to sooth him. He takes a deep breath and relaxes.

Until I notice Hinata's mom, piercing us with her cold, dark eyes. She furrows her eyebrows and speaks to us loudly.

"For the rest of the night, you will not lay a finger on Shoyo. Do you hear that, Tobio?"

I gulp loudly and nod my head, quickly taking my hand off of Hinata's face.