Shocked or Happy?

Daichi has been with Suga for what seems like forever. They hold hands and kiss and cuddle. They are the mom and dad.

But it wasn't always like that.

***

Daichi, a scared and timid 12 year old boy, at alone at lunch in his new school. He didn't have many friends and the people he counted as friends would only say "hi" to him.

He looks down at his peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a small frown and sighs.

Suddenly, he sees a shadow fall over him. He looks up to see a really pretty person in front of him.

"Hi! My name is Suga Koushi!" The pretty person beams and smiles brightly. Suga extends a hand. "I'm new here. Wanna be friends?"

Daichi feels his cheeks burn and shakes the strangers hand.

"Hello, Suga. I'm Daichi. And uh, don't you wanna be friends with those people over there?" Daichi points to the group of the popular kids. "I think you'd fit in... you know, being really pretty and such..."

Suga seems surprised at first but smiles and Daichi with a soft blush.

"No, silly! I want to be friends with you!" Suga sits down next to Daichi.

"So, what do you like to do?"

*

Daichi is really enjoying having a friend. They do so much together, like watch movies and play videogames and sometimes pass around a volleyall.

"So, if 8 + 6x = 68, then what is x?" Suga asks Daichi. They are over at Suga's house studying.

"Uhm... t-ten?" Daichi hesitates.

"Correct!" Suga says joyously.

"Yes!" Daichi stands up and cheers.

Koushi's mother walks in as the two boys were laughing.

"Boys, I brought some snacks!"

The two friends gasp as they see the chocolate covered strawberries.

"Thank you mom!" Suga says happily.

"Thank you, Suga-san," Daichi says politely. She smiles and leaves, closing the door behind her.

"Did we finish all of our homework?" Suga asks.

"If you mean 'can we play videogames now', it's a 'YES'!"

The two boys sit comfortably on Suga's bed and begin to play videogames on his XBOX, while stuffing chocolate covered strawberries into their mouths.

"Mmmm. These are so good!"

"I know right! Hey! That move wasn't fair I was eating a strawberry!"

"Then you better catch up!"

After some shouting and Suga's mom telling them to quiet down, the boys finish the round with Daichi being the winner.

"Yes! Hahaha sucks to be you!" Daichi jokes and turns towards his friend.

"Well, I'll surely win next time!" Suga says confidently. He sits back from his crouched position. Suga double takes at Daichi before staring at him.

"Hm? What is it?" Daichi asks, raising and eyebrow. Suga smiles and moves closer to the confused boy, not saying a word.

Daichi can feel his face heating up as he comes closer.

"You have some chocolate on your face, you silly." Suga licks his finger and wipes away the chocolate next to Daichi's mouth.

"Th-thanks."

Suga's eyes stare at Daichi's, flick down to his lips, back into his eyes, and then back down on his lips again, while his hand is still on his cheek.

Daichi doesn't really understand what's happening, but his face is heating up even more now.

Suga begins to lean in slowly and softly blinks a few times before closing his eyes.

Suddenly Suga was kissing him.

His lips on Daichi's lips.

Daichi could only freeze, with his eyes squeezed shut.

When Suga pulls away, from the 3 second kiss, Daichi's eyes and mouth are wide open in shock.

Suga's face falls.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just acting on impulse and I understand if you think I'm gross and weird because boys aren't really supposed to like other boys and if you don't want to be friends anymore that's okay-"

"Suga."

The scared boy looks up at Daichi.

"I-..." Daichi takes a deep breath, "I like you too."

Suga's eyebrows shoot up and he smiles brightly. He pulls in Daichi for a hug.

They awkwardly kiss again but are too happy to care.

***

YO YO YO (or should I say "Hey hey hey") WHADDAP MY FELLOW HAIKYUU TRASH. SO IDK WHY I WANTED TO WRITE THIS BUT I DID. AND I'VE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE AND THAT'S BC I SLEEP A LOT. LIKE A HELLA LOT. LIKE SO MUCH THAT I WAKE UP, EAT AND WATCH YOUTUBE FOR LIKE 2 HOURS AND THEN SLEEP FOR 13 MORE UNTIL I DO IT AGAIN. NOT EVEN JOKING. OKAY BUT I WROTE THIS BC SOME PPL WANTED DAISUGA AND HERE YA GO!!!!!!!! OKAY I'LL SEE U NERDS L8R.
(Shameless plug-ins
Instagram: StrawberryRiceCake)