A New Life

"Fostercare?!" I asked, my heart stopping.

"I'm truly sorry." He said, giving me a long embrace.

I wasn't able to breath. Everything was going in slow motion, and I could hear my heartbeat.

....

I was sitting in the back of an expensive Lexus, all my belongings in hand.

Hope enjoyed the long car ride. She'd gush at all the new things she experienced.

A few hours later, Mrs. Lancastor pulled up at the orphanage.

"We're here." She exclaimed, getting out of the car and walking around to Hope's side.

She picked up Hope and grinned at me.

"I think she likes you." I said, giving a slight smile.

"You think so?" She giggled, kissing Hope on the head.

I nodded, grabbing my small bag out of the car.

I surveyed the large building, already finding it unbecoming.

A lady from the orphanage came out to greet us. She had brown hair with grey streaks in it. Her face was kind, but worn.

"Hi. You must be Mrs. Lancastor." She smiled, eyeing Hope and I. "I'm Miss O'Neill. You can call me Katie."

"It's a pleasure." Mrs. Lancastor smiled and shook Katie's hand.

"And you must be Maya and Hope." She said, pinching my cheek.

I cringed at her touch.

I looked into Mrs. Lancastor's eyes pleadingly.

"Are there a lot of kids here?" She asked, noticing my eager disposition.

"Oh yes. You should get along nicely with most of them." Katie directed her answer at me.

I nudged Mrs. Lancastor's arm, panicked.

"Could we have a moment to speak alone?" She asked, smiling kindly at her.

"Of course" Katie said, walking a short distance away.

"We can't stay here. I've never met another kid my age before. Ever." I said getting paranoid.

She looked at me confused. "Maya, I don't know what you want me to say."

"Please." I pleaded.

She sighed, waving at Katie.

"Katie. They'll live with my family and I for a while. We'll see what happens."

Katie looked skeptical and crossed her arms. "You'll need to do some paperwork." She mumbled.

........

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Starting in this chapter, I'm gonna start randomly dedicating chapters to my followers. If you're following me, you just have to sit back and hope I dedicate you! Please remember to vote and comment. I might even choose people who comment!